Antelope Valley College
Air Conditioning and Refrigeration and Heating (Solar Energy Technician) Temporary One Year
Salary: $57,235.07 - $84,543.93 Annually
Deadline: 7/13/2022 11:59 PM Pacific
Full job description and OFFICIAL application available ONLY at: https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/avc/jobs/3525466/air-conditioning-and-refriderationing-and-heating-solar-energy-technician-tempo?keywords=air%20conditioning%20mechanic&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Full time teaching assignment in the Career Technical Education Division
• In addition to teaching 15 lecture hour equivalents per semester, full-time faculty areresponsible for five office hours per week and preparation time, and are expected toparticipate in faculty/division meetings.
• Full-time faculty also participate in curricular planning, student learning outcomes,program learning outcomes, development, assessment, and implementation; evaluation ofeducational programs; and college governance contributory to the attainment of thecollege's mission and strategic goals.
• Instructors may be assigned a combination of daytime, evening, online and/or Saturday classes, as the college is dedicated to the educational success of a diverse student bodywith diverse needs.
• Continued professional development through the Faculty Professional DevelopmentProgram or other sources is expected.
• Coordinating and working closely with industry partners in support of the program.Travel between District locations is also expected.
(Applican must meet one of the following)
Minimum Qualifications for Faculty in California Community Colleges: Any Bachelor's degree or higher AND two years professional experience OR any Associate's degree AND six years of professional experience or (Academic Affairs Division, CaliforniaCommunity Colleges)
Antelope Valley College Equivalency: Approved by Academic Senate 6/16/22 - Expires 6/16/25
College work equivalent to a Baccalaureate degree and two years of related occupational experience in the discipline; or, college work equivalent to an Associate degree plus six years of occupational experience related to the discipline, OR
• Eight years experience as an air conditioning or refrigeration maintenance technician, supervisor, or HVAC/R instructor. Part-time experience will be prorated, two years of which must have included assignment as an instructor, trainer or supervisor in the Air Conditioning, Refrigeration occupation, AND
• A valid California Contractors License (B or C20/C38), OR
In order to obtain a contractor’s license in California it is required to have four years of experience at a journeyman’s level to qualify to take the state exam. Up to two years of educational experience may count towards the four years of required experience.
AND sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability,and ethnic backgroundsof community college students.
For a complete listing and details of all open positions and how to apply, select the HR & Employment link on the AVC Web site at https://www.avc.edu/administration/hr/employment or contact the Human Resources Office at (661) 722-6311; Voice/Relay, (661) 722-6300 x. 6360, 3041 West Avenue K, Lancaster, CA 93536.