Director of Global Partnerships
Arizona State University
University Design Institute
The University Design Institute (UDI) seeks an experienced Director of Global Partnerships to advance our mission. The Director of Global Partnerships will identify partners in key strategic spaces, nurture relationships, and work to co-design mutually beneficial products, programs and engagements. This position will also design and advance financial models that support successful and sustainable partnerships.
$120,000-$150,000 per year; DOE
- Contributes to developing and advancing a partnership strategy, through end-to-end development of partnership relationships in our four key strategic areas: convening, funding, delivery, and influencing. This includes but is not limited to:
- Identifying individual and institutional partners globally to advance UDI’s mission, including higher education institutions, policy makers, NGOs, business organizations, funders and social leaders;
- Assuming primary responsibility for establishing and cultivating relationships;
- Designing and developing offerings with partners in strategic areas above; and
- Designing, developing and negotiating revenue sharing agreements or other financial models.
- Grows UDI’s global network of experts and thought leaders.
- Develops content and presentation material for partnership engagements.
- Travels domestically and internationally to develop new opportunities, cultivate strategic relationships, and represent UDI at international conferences and meetings.
- Works with ASU senior leaders to develop comprehensive institutional partnerships with U.S. and global universities.
- Develops, maintains, and reports on metrics to advance goals and gauge impact of collaborative projects.
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND eight (8) years of related administrative experience, which includes five (5) years of supervisory experience; OR, Twelve (12) years of related administrative experience, which includes five (5) years of supervisory experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience working across multiple global regions in higher education institutions, systems, and organizations.
- Experience in designing and building financial models to support partnerships.
- Experience in engaging executive-level higher education leaders.
- Experience in demonstrating partnership development efforts in higher education that led to significant outcomes.
- Demonstrated cultural intelligence and track record of working with diverse populations and multicultural contexts.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate, establish, and maintain revenue-generating programs leveraging partnerships and relationships.
- Demonstrated knowledge of emerging trends in global higher education, and a demonstrated track record of engaging thought leaders and experts in crafting new products and programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of universities in the U.S. and abroad preferred.
- Experience in cultivating partnerships globally and design revenue generating solutions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of strategic planning principles and practices.
- Experience in problem solving and decision-making in a complex organizations.
- Experience in planning, analyzing and coordinating activities and establishing priorities.
- Evidence in effective communication both internally and externally across all management levels and build sustaining relationships.
- Demonstrated knowledge of management and financial principles and practices.
- Experience in business development.
- Experience in program development, revenue forecasting, budgeting, administration and business planning.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships in a complex organization including global networking.
- Ability to market complex concepts.
- Experience in effectively managing, supervising and evaluating assigned staff.
- Ability to interface with diverse client groups with an emphasis on customer service.
- Requires travel domestically and internationally.
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse; required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work.
- Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds.
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts.
- May be required to perform tasks in the field within and/or across University campuses.
- Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential functions.
The University Design Institute (UDI) is a catalyst for transformation in higher education. Our vision is for Universities to emerge as powerful engines of social transformation and economic impact. We co-design solutions for higher education. We collaborate with ASU and institutions globally to envision the future, solve problems, and move from ideas to implementation. We transform higher education by advancing innovative, scalable, and sustainable solutions.
We are a values-driven organization with a focus on 6 critical values. Our values include:
- Intentional Inclusionists: We create an environment of trust, support, acceptance and safety to foster a sense of belonging and wellbeing.
- Eternal Optimists: Change is an opportunity for progress, so we tirelessly work to co-create solutions to transform higher education
- Avid Learners: We embrace curiosity and an exploratory mindset to promote individual and institutional growth.
- Constructive Challengers: We commit to challenge processes and perspectives in a supportive environment to push towards continuous improvement.
- Collaborative Connectors: Through a culture of collaboration, we weave together a community of problem-solvers to move from ideas to implementation.
- Relentless Innovators: We fail forward, take risks, and move quickly to craft solutions with purpose
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ see Req Id#80709BR