COLLEGE CLERICAL ASSISTANT I - ACADEMIC SUPPORT CENTER - PART
MALCOLM X COLLEGE
Malcolm X College is currently seeking a part-time College Clerical
Assistant I for the Academic Support Center. Under supervision,
this role performs a variety of routine clerical duties in a
college administrative or departmental office; and performs related
duties as required.
The mission of Malcolm X College is to provide accessible liberal
arts and health-focused education that fosters personal and
professional achievement. To fulfill this mission, we focus on the
following core values: accountability, community, diversity,
empowerment, learning, and respect.
- Prepares routine records, memos and forms; proofs completed
assignments for errors and makes appropriate corrections; maintains
office and student record files in alphabetical and/or numerical
- Receives and sorts incoming mail and distributes to appropriate
personnel or office; answers telephones, takes messages and
transfers calls; provides general information to students regarding
registration, financial aid, departmental course offerings and
campus policies and procedures.
- Collates materials such as exams, classroom handouts, faculty
lists and handbooks, teacher program forms, narrative reports and
- Operates basic office equipment; prepares order requisitions
for needed office supplies and materials; and may assist during
- Performs related duties as required.
- Graduation from high school or the equivalent is required. Some
clerical and word processing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of word processing software; and knowledge of basic
- Ability to keyboard 40 words per minute; ability to follow
verbal and written instructions; and ability to operate a personal
- Skill in basic filing; and good verbal communication
When applying, please attach your unofficial transcripts.
For the second time in three years, Malcolm X College was selected
as aPromising Places to Work in Community Colleges award winner!
The award is given by the National Institute for Staff and
Organizational Development (NISOD), a membership organization
committed to promoting and celebrating excellence in teaching and
leadership at community and technical colleges, and Diverse: Issues
in Higher Education, a leading academic publication.
MXC was recognized for its best-in-class student and staff
recruitment and retention practices, inclusive learning and working
environments, and meaningful community service and engagement
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of