**This is an on-site position. Remote workers will NOT be
You will be joining St. Thomas University (STU) at an exciting
moment! Under the dynamic leadership of President David A.
Armstrong, J.D., STU has had four consecutive years of record
enrollment and we’ve set fundraising records too. Our campus
footprint is also growing. In the past two years alone, we’ve
opened the state-of-the-art Gus Machado College of Business, a new
weight room for our student athletes, as well as a turf athletic
field, residence hall, and a student center. And, we are going to
keep growing…more students, more programs, more facilities!
As we mark our 60th Anniversary, we are setting our sights on the
future while also honoring our Cuban heritage and celebrating our
Catholic Identity. Come be a part of our diverse community! We are
seeking energetic innovators who will help us chart the course for
the University’s sixth decade of impact! Let’s work together to
attract, serve, and inspire a diverse group of students who will
leave STU prepared to be ethical leaders and change agents in our
Located in sunny Miami, Florida, St. Thomas University is a
private, non-profit university that offers 39 undergraduate,
graduate, and postgraduate degrees at its picturesque 144-acre
campus and through distance learning. Its academic offerings
include one of the oldest (and most highly ranked) undergraduate
programs in Sports Administration in the country. STU has been
ranked #1 by U.S. News & World Report in Social Mobility for
regional universities in the South, which means it takes students
from the lowest financial strata and catapults them to much higher
financial strata in only ten years. St. Thomas University is the
only Catholic Archdiocesan-sponsored university in Florida, and one
of the only eight Archdiocesan universities nationwide.
The Eligibility and Benefits Coordinator acts as the liaison
between Public Guardian Program in Broward County and local
agencies including: Social Security Administration, Department of
Children and Families (DCF), and Veterans Administration (VA). The
Eligibility and Benefits Coordinator also works to obtain all
necessary benefit entitlements information for all Wards and
completes all application required by the state, county, and
federal agencies on behalf of Wards so Guardianship Program can
obtain new benefits and maintain existing benefits.
The Eligibility and Benefits Coordinator will travel to various
local agencies and apply for all government benefits applicable to
all Wards. All required applications/forms for benefits will be
completed and submitted to appropriate agencies timely on behalf of
all Wards so Wards can apply for new benefits or maintain current
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research and compiles information, completes and tracks new
applications and annual redetermination for pending or existing
- Notifies appropriate agencies of a changes in Wards’ status,
residence, income, or assets, etc.
- Investigates and solves problems regarding Wards’ benefits.
Prepares and tracks requests from appropriate staff regarding the
application of benefits at the deferral, state, and local
- Notifies and provides documentation to all appropriate agencies
when Wards with existing benefits have been appointed a legal
guardian or when Ward passes away.
- Corresponds with physicians, facilities, guardian
representatives, case managers, and agencies or health care
providers to obtain medical documentation required by federal,
state, and local agencies.
- Maintains current with federal and state government benefits
changes and communicates this information to the appropriate staff
and/or departments within the program.
- Updates and adds new entitlements data to the Ward’s electronic
and paper file.
- Maintains applicable reports to track and follow up on all
applications and changes and sends to the Guardian Representatives
and Financial Specialist.
- Maintains appointments and monitors deadlines regarding annual
review for Wards’ entitlements.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Business, Finance, or
Social Work from an accredited college/university, and a minimum of
two (2) years’ experience working in a benefits/entitlement related
- Must be proficient in computer skills such as Microsoft Office
applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook, for email, and internet
as well as other internal and external software
- Must pass a background check and credit check prior to job
offer being made.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 - $50,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Davie, FL 33330: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
- Please provide contact information for three (3) professional
- Benefits/Entitlement: 2 years (Required)
- State and Federal Benefits: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: One location