Senior Instructional Specialist - Tulare
$26.79 - $35.84 Hourly
7/15/2022 11:59 PM Pacific
Educational Support Services
Under the Associate Dean, Educational Support Services, and the
Tulare College Center Provost, the Instructional Specialist
Visalia/Tulare Campus will assist in overseeing the daily
operations of the Writing Center, Math Lab and Tutoring Center for
the Visalia and Tulare Campus. Will supervise and assist in the
training of student tutors; and tutor incoming students according
to established policies, pedagogy, and best practices.
This position is in the Tulare campus, 10-month position.
The working hours for this position will be:
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday 9:00 a.m. - 3:00
p.m.Tuesday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Initial Placement $26.79
College of the Sequoias Community College District serves a
diverse community of learners and is a designated Hispanic Serving
Institution. COS provides a wide range of opportunities in
transfer, general education, career and technical programs for our
students. We are dedicated to recruiting employees who are
committed to helping a diverse population of students achieve their
educational goals. We seek candidates who exhibit an understanding
and commitment to the community college mission, and who have a
passion for student success
Job duties of the Senior Instructional Specialist - Tulare
Duties of the position include:
Minimum Qualifications (Education
- Tutor incoming students according to the policies, pedagogy,
and best practices of the Writing Center, Math Lab, and Tutorial
Center as appropriate.
- Provide work direction and supervision to student tutors;
monitor tutor attendance; in conjunction with the Writing Center,
Math Lab, and Tutorial Center coordinators, train tutors in
policies, pedagogy, and best practices.
- Assist coordinators and Provost in data collection and analysis
systems to ensure accurate data collection; compile, prepare and
tabulate statistics for the Math Lab, Writing
Center, and Tutorial Center for the Visalia and Tulare Campus.
- Assist with coordination of marketing and outreach services for
the Math Lab, Writing Center and Tutorial Center for the Visalia
and Tulare Campus.
- Monitor lab management software; assist student users in
signing into an out of the lab management software.
- Maintain and distribute accurate schedules for the Writing
Center, Math Lab, and Tutorial Center; assist students in making
appointments with tutors.
- Assist student with computer skills; explain and demonstrate
computer software programs.
- Assist the Writing Center, Math Lab, and Tutorial Center
Coordinators with recruiting, screening, selecting, and evaluating
student tutors; assist student tutors in completing hiring
- Store supplies, materials and equipment; assure that adequate
supplies, materials, and equipment are available for student and
- Maintain lab area in a safe, clean and orderly condition;
prepare and maintain records and reports as necessary.
- Attend staff meetings and participate in other District
committees as requested; attend Writing Center training course as
- Attend professional development opportunities as
- Travel from site to site as needed.
- Utilize the District's integrated software in performing the
required duties of the position.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Any combination equivalent to: Bachelor's degree and knowledge of
or experience in a tutorial or a teaching setting.
Experience in a tutorial, writing center or in a teaching setting.
Course work or training in adult learning theory, tutoring theory,
- Instructional laboratory environment.
- Constant interruptions
- Ability to travel from site to site
- Ability to communicate with students/employees/public.
- Ability to read documents.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended period.
Ability to operate a computer and office Knowledge and
The hiring committee is seeking evidence of the following:
- Record-keeping techniques.
- Operation, preparation and maintenance of an instructional
- Computer usage and software applications.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Curriculum, goals and objectives of the department.
- Methods and procedures of operating electronic computers and
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy.
- Tutoring strategies
- Work with students of varying academic abilities.
- Operate and demonstrate the use of computer equipment.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working
relationships with others.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of
- Read, interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies
- Monitor and evaluate student progress.
- Meet schedules and time lines.
- Work independently with little direction.
- Operate computers and peripheral equipment properly and
- Plan and organize work.
- Train and provide work direction to others.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
To be considered applicants must submit all
following required material:
- An online COS application
- Letter of interest, which addresses how the applicant's
experience and/or education enables him/her to be able to perform
the job duties.
- Unofficial copies of transcripts of all college/university
work. Official transcripts required upon employment.
Recruitment Analyst: Norma Chavez 559-737-6237 email@example.comCollege of the
Sequoias does not sponsor H-1B Visas
To apply, visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/cos/jobs/3614837/senior-instructional-specialist-tulare
COLLEGE OF THE SEQUOIAS COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL
OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: The College of the Sequoias Community College
District is committed to the principles of equal employment
opportunity. It is the District's policy to ensure that all
qualified applicants for employment and employees have full and
equal access to employment opportunity and are not subject to
discrimination in any program or activity of the District on the
basis of ethnic group identification, race, gender, color,
language, accent, citizenship status, ancestry national origin,
age, sex, religion, sexual orientation, transgender, parental
status, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental
disability or medical condition, or on the basis of these perceived