You will be joining St. Thomas University (STU) at an exciting
moment! Under the dynamic leadership of President David A.
Armstrong, J.D., STU has had four consecutive years of record
enrollment and we’ve set fundraising records too. Our campus
footprint is also growing. In the past two years alone, we’ve
opened the state-of-the-art Gus Machado College of Business, a new
weight room for our student athletes, as well as a turf athletic
field, residence hall, and a student center. And, we are going to
keep growing…more students, more programs, more facilities!
As we mark our 60th Anniversary, we are setting our sights on the
future while also honoring our Cuban heritage and celebrating our
Catholic Identity. Come be a part of our diverse community! We are
seeking energetic innovators who will help us chart the course for
the University’s sixth decade of impact! Let’s work together to
attract, serve, and inspire a diverse group of students who will
leave STU prepared to be ethical leaders and change agents in our
Located in sunny Miami, Florida, St. Thomas University is a
private, non-profit university that offers 39 undergraduate,
graduate, and postgraduate degrees at its picturesque 144-acre
campus and through distance learning. Its academic offerings
include one of the oldest (and most highly ranked) undergraduate
programs in Sports Administration in the country. STU has been
ranked #1 by U.S. News & World Report in Social Mobility for
regional universities in the South, which means it takes students
from the lowest financial strata and catapults them to much higher
financial strata in only ten years. St. Thomas University is the
only Catholic Archdiocesan-sponsored university in Florida, and one
of the only eight Archdiocesan universities nationwide.
A Computer Science adjunct faculty member, teaching in either the
Master of Science in Big Data Analytics program or the BS in
Computer Science program, or both
- Capable of teaching undergraduate in-person lectured Computer
Science courses such as Data Structures and Algorithms, Database,
Software Engineering, and programming in C++, Java, and
- Capable of teaching graduate in-person lectured evening courses
for: Data Engineering, Data Warehousing, Applied Machine Learning,
- PhD in Computer Science, Computational Science, Computer
Engineering, Data Science, Statistics or a closely related field
required for teaching in the graduate programs.
- M.S. in Computer Science, Computational Science, Computer
Engineering, Data Science or a closely related field required for
teaching in the undergraduate program.
- Qualified experience teaching and working with undergraduate
and graduate students.
- Able to program and instruct in the programming languages of R,
Python, Java, C++, and SQL.
- Familiarity with online computing resources and cloud
- Comfortable with several classroom technological
Job Type: Part-time
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Miami Gardens, FL 33054: Reliably commute or planning to
relocate before starting work (Required)
- Please provide contact information for three (3) professional
- Higher education teaching: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location