Information Technology Service Associate - Part Time
District Office - 180 N. Wabash
City Colleges of Chicago (CCC)
, the largest community
college system in Illinois, is made up of seven colleges and five
satellite sites, providing more than 70,000 students each year
access to a quality, affordable education.
Reporting to a Director of Information Technology or assigned
administrator, the basic function of this position is to support
the computer hardware and software used by students,
administrators, faculty and staff in a variety of academic settings
and to achieve student success. Performs related duties as
- Provides computer hardware and software technical support both
in person and remote technical support to students, administrators,
faculty and staff.
- Answers the OIT service phone line and provide basic technical
support and assigns unresolved requests for assistance to
appropriate staff member or service team.
- Maintains, installs and tests software applications on computer
hardware throughout the college.
- Submits help desk tickets to assist students, administrators,
faculty and staff with technology related issues
- Protects physical technology assets in public areas and other
settings, through ongoing equipment refresh, planning maintenance,
installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and asset inventory
- Manages, tracks, and protects equipment that is designated for
use by students, administrators, faculty and staff.
- Facilitates use of equipment for various internal and external
- Assembles and disassembles equipment on site before and after
- Provides limited training to audio-visual/multi-media equipment
- Adheres to CCC Customer Service Excellence standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including, but not limited
to, adherence to after hours, emergency, holiday and/or on-call
Reports to Director of Information Technology (or assigned
Direct Supervision None
- Associate’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science,
Data Processing or related area, or an equivalent combination of
education and experience, with a history of progressively
increasing responsibility and accomplishments, preferably in a
college or comparable academic setting.
- Minimum of two years of related work experience.
- Requires working knowledge of computer software (Peoplesoft and
Salesforce), utilities, and operating systems including MacOs,
Microsoft Window Products, and Chrome OS.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within
six (6) months of hire.
- Strong organization and communication skills are
- Being fluent in English and Spanish is preferred but not
- Sound verbal and written communication skills.
- Great team player and self-starter.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!