About Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is an independent, culturally
diverse institution providing quality education and research in
aviation, aerospace, engineering and other related fields with
residential campuses located in Daytona Beach, Florida and
Prescott, Arizona. The University’s Worldwide campus provides
educational opportunities online and at approximately 130 locations
throughout the United States, Asia, Europe, and Central/South
As the largest and most comprehensive aviation and
aerospace-focused university in the world, Embry-Riddle is a unique
institution. Over the past 90 years, the University has evolved
with the industry to break new ground and produce top-level
graduates who serve the ever-changing needs of aviation and
aerospace and other STEM-related disciplines. Embry-Riddle offers
programs in seven primary fields of study including: Applied
Science; Aviation; Business; Computers and Technology; Engineering;
Safety, Security and Intelligence; and Space.
For Academic Year 2020-21, there were over 10,700 undergraduate,
graduate, and doctoral students who attended the University’s
residential campuses and approximately 32,700 students in total
enrolled with the University around the world.
Embry-Riddle is now hiring a SEVIS Coordinator/Manager at the
Daytona Beach campus. The SEVIS Coordinator is part of
International Student and Scholar Services Office (ISSS) and is a
key individual contributor responsible for overseeing the full
range of regulatory responsibilities related to the Student and
Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS). This position ensures
institutional compliance with federal regulations governing
international students and scholars in the United States. Reporting
directly to the Director, the SEVIS Coordinator will serve as a key
contact for the Terra Dotta ISSS software solution, as well as lead
ISSS efforts in data analysis and reporting. This position also
serves as DSO/ARO and advises a portfolio of F-1 and J-1 students
on immigration and personal matters.
About the ISSS Office:
- Manage federally reportable international student and scholar
data flows between three systems (Campus Solutions, Terra Dotta
ISSS Solutions (TDS), and SEVIS), ensuring reporting requirements
with federal regulations.
- Reconcile data inconsistencies among systems to ensure
integrity of data and timely and accurate data submission to the
Department of Homeland Security.
- Monitor database functionality, data feeds, and batch
processing; monitor batch files for errors and resolve or route to
advisor for resolution, as appropriate.
- Monitors student enrollment and manages batch registration each
semester for all enrolled students.
- Conduct internal audits for data integrity and consistency of
student/scholar files and database records.
- Monitor SEVIS alerts, data fixes and Terra Dotta reports and
contact students or alert advisors as appropriate.
- Manage software updates and security certificate installation
on the SEVIS server and RTI, and troubleshoot and resolve batch
- Compile and disseminate statistical data regarding
international students and scholars for internal and external
- Administer upgrades, testing, and validation in Terra Dotta
environment, including transitions to new modules and
- Provide expertise to the primary users of the Terra Dotta ISSS
Solution; develop and coordinate training resources for other
advisors and on-campus partners.
- Oversee a portfolio of F-1 and J-1 international students;
advise on immigration requirements, process immigration requests
and benefits, advising on various personal and academic issues, and
collaborate with department contacts to resolve issues.
- Contribute to student programming and assessment efforts.
- Assist in development, coordination, and delivery of ISSS
programs, workshops, and presentations.
- Other duties as assigned.
International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) serves to be the
primary resource for non-immigrant students and scholars at
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University. International Student and
Scholar Services fosters the education and development of
non-immigrant students and scholars to enable them to achieve their
academic and professional goals and objectives. ISSS provides
advice, counseling, and advocacy regarding immigration,
cross-cultural, and personal matters. ISSS supports an environment
conducive to international education and intercultural awareness
via educational, social, and cross-cultural programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of related work experience.
- Software experience with student database management systems,
preferably Terra Dotta, Campus Solutions, and experience working
with the SEVIS system.
- Candidate must be a U.S citizen or permanent resident to be
approved as a Designated School Official (DSO).
- Master’s degree in Information Systems, Higher Education, or a
closely related field is preferred.