About Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University:
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is an independent, culturally
diverse institution providing quality education and research in
aviation, aerospace, engineering, and other related fields with
residential campuses located in Daytona Beach, Florida and
Prescott, Arizona. The University’s Worldwide campus provides
educational opportunities online and at approximately 130 locations
throughout the United States, Asia, Europe, and Central/South
As the largest and most comprehensive aviation and
aerospace-focused university in the world, Embry-Riddle is a unique
institution. Over the past 90 years, the University has evolved
with industry to break new ground and produce top-level graduates
who serve the ever-changing needs of aviation and aerospace and
other STEM-related disciplines. Embry-Riddle offers programs in
seven primary fields of study including: Applied Science; Aviation;
Business; Computers and Technology; Engineering; Safety, Security,
and Intelligence; and Space.
For Academic Year 2020-21, there were over 10,700 undergraduate,
graduate, and doctoral students that attended the University’s
residential campuses and approximately 32,700 students in total
enrolled with the University around the world.
Embry -Riddle Aeronautical University's Accounts Payable team is
currently looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist. Reporting to
the Accounts Payable Manager, the Accounts Payable Specialist will
be responsible for the accounting and administrative duties related
to the efficient processing and maintenance of accounts payable
transactions. The position’s primary function is to control
expenses by receiving, processing, verifying and reconciling
invoices and expense reports while maintaining compliance with IRS
regulations and University policies and procedures. Additional
responsibilities include administrative support of University
faculty/staff and vendor maintenance and account
Examples of Key Responsibilities and Opportunities for the
Accounts Payable Specialist:
- Analyze payment requests to ensure compliance with University
business expense policies.
- Audit and acquire supporting documentation for all
- Code invoices, vouchers, expense reports, check requests, etc.,
with correct codes conforming to standard accounting procedures to
ensure proper entry into the University’s financial system.
- Monitor account balances, track expenses, and produce monthly
- Develop and maintain assigned supplier portfolio.
- Investigate and resolve problems associated with processing
invoices and purchase orders.
- Reconcile supplier accounts by identifying errors in posting or
omissions, applying appropriate accounting standards.
- Generate scheduled payment files and remittance information for
all University payment methods, including positive pay, ACH,
ePayables, and employee expense and travel reimbursements.
- Maintain supplier records with proper IRS reporting
- Facilitate IRS 1099-MISC and 1099-NEC information reporting
- Prepare fiscal year-end closing procedures and provide
reporting to the University Accounting Office.
- Education and experience: Associate’s degree or completion of
program of 18+ months after high school. Area of study: accounting,
finance, banking or related field.
- At least one year of experience in a role dealing with
accounting, banking, or financial tasks; prior accounts payable
- Exceptional personal qualities: A reputation for integrity and
the highest ethical standards; sound judgment; enthusiasm for the
mission; creativity in solving problems; collegial style and strong
desire to be an integral part of the Embry-Riddle community.
- Customer focus: Dedicated to meeting the expectations and
requirements of internal and external customers, including
Procurement Services and University vendors. Establishes and
maintains effective relationships while representing the integrity
of the Controller’s Office.
- Systems and technology: Functional knowledge of information
technology and its appropriate use for effective and efficient
delivery of accounting and financial reporting. Experience with
Workday and/or Oracle preferred. Proficiency using Microsoft Office