The Admission Technical Analyst for Graduate Studies and Special
Populations is a newly designed role that will oversee the
implementation and ongoing management of the Slate CRM system
supporting the admission process for graduate students, teacher
licensure, dual enrollment, non-degree students and other special
populations at Fort Lewis College. The salary range for this
position is $50,500 to $56,000, plus a comprehensive
- Bachelor’s degree and one or more year of related work
experience. Four years of closely related work experience may
substitute for bachelor’s degree.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative
- Demonstrated experience with a variety of technology or
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse audiences and
people from underrepresented groups.
- Practical knowledge in the use of reporting software,
spreadsheets, graphs, and flowcharts.
- Considerable working knowledge of the applications in the
Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and
- Technically-minded and comfortable learning and navigating new
technologies (including possible experience in analyzing business
and technical requirements, project management skills, and writing
technical documentation in a user-friendly format).
- Ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of people,
including forming strong working relationships with both internal
and external constituencies.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and work
- Ability to resolve problems and develop relevant alternatives
and recommendations; strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as
outstanding organizational skills.
- Positive attitude and outstanding degree of
- Experience working with Technolution’s Slate or other CRM
- Experience working in admission or other higher education
- Demonstrated experience using workflow rules,
reports/dashboards, and formulas.
- Working technical knowledge of SQL programming languages to
Application Workflow & Design
- In collaboration with the Admission Office and campus-wide
stakeholders, develop, build and maintain application(s) for
admission to the College for graduate students, non-degree
students, third-party programs, teacher licensure, dual enrollment
students and other special populations.
- Configure the applications, communications, and workflows
within the system to meet college and departmental requirements.
Oversee system integration planning and implementation.
- Includes understanding downstream processes and defining
required documentation to ensure a smooth student experience in
enrolling at FLC.
- Designing and monitoring workflows for the timely and accurate
notification of admission decisions, residency determinations and
eligibility for our Native American Tuition Waiver.
- Staying current on College, State and Federal admission
policies and practices and updating systems and notifying
stakeholders as necessary.
- Process incoming documents related to the application for
admission, residency determination and Native American Tuition
Waiver eligibility for special populations, navigate exceptions
when appropriate and ensure data integrity.
- Monitor admission workflows for the timely and accurate
processing of applications and notification of decisions.
- Monitoring faculty and department review committees, provide
training, support and assistance as necessary.
- Assist in building Admission guidelines and processes for
efficient and timely decisions.
- Responsible for implementing specialized communication plans
within the CRM (Slate) in order to communicate effectively with
each special population.
- Works with program staff in collaboration with Admission and
Marketing & Communications in the annual and on-going
development and execution of communication plans for prospective
students in special populations.
- Build, test, and send emails and text messages through the CRM
to prospective students. Communications will include one-off drop
messages as well as building sophisticated multichannel drip
- Works in close collaboration with stakeholders within the
graduate programs as well as the Office of Admission and
Marketing-Communication to create, improve and refine the
- Design and execute solutions for common challenges within the
CRM in collaboration with the Admission Systems Manager (Slate
- Communicate process changes, enhancements, and modifications –
verbally or through written documentation – to management, peers,
staff, and other employees so that issues and solutions are
- Deliver training as needed to various on-campus groups or
individuals based on demand.
- Build reports and dashboards as requested by Admission,
Graduate programs, the Budget Office and other internal and
external business areas as needed.
- Execute weekly operational duties in the CRM, including data
uploads, de-duplication and other data quality tasks.
- Provide technical CRM support for departmental staff and serve
as the primary subject matter expert for the CRM application.
The Admission Office is a fast-paced and dynamic office. As the
face of Fort Lewis College, we have a high standard for exceptional
customer service and professionalism and a positive culture of
collaboration. To be successful in the Admission Office you
- Be flexible, capable of handling a demanding work schedule and
be able to work independently and within a team management
- Be able to work productively with moderate noise &
distraction (i.e. business office with computers, phone, and
printers, light traffic).
- Have a sense of humor.
- Be adaptable to changing policies, procedures and
The salary range for this position is $50,500 to $56,000, plus a comprehensive
A complete application packet includes:
- Cover letter addressing interest and qualifications for
- Include details regarding how your personal and professional
experiences allow you to encourage a learning environment grounded
in equity and inclusion. “How do you envision contributing to Fort
Lewis College’s commitment to equity and inclusion?”
- Names and contact information for three current, professional
Submit materials as one PDF file via email to:
The position will remain open until filled.
The successful candidate will be required to submit original,
official college transcripts, and pass a background check.