Amherst has taken a leadership role among highly selective liberal
arts colleges and universities in successfully diversifying the
racial, socio-economic, and geographic profile of its student body.
The College is similarly committed to enriching its educational
experience and its culture through the diversity of its faculty,
administration and staff.
Amherst College invites applications for the Assistant Women's
Hockey Coach position. Given Amherst's distinction as one of the
most diverse liberal arts colleges in the country, the successful
candidate will demonstrate the w ays in which they bring value to
and will work towards supporting a broadly diverse community.
The Assistant Women's Hockey Coach will report to the Head Coach
responsible for assisting the Head Coach in all phases of the
Women's Hockey Program including the recruitment of a diverse set
of student-athletes, assisting with daily operations, practice
implementation, and other duties assigned by the Head Coach and
Director of Athletics. Requires a variable schedule; night, weekend
work, and overnight travel to away meets and tournaments will
be required. The Assistant Coach takes appropriate actions to
support a diverse student body and workforce and participates in
the College's efforts to create a respectful, inclusive, and
This is a non-benefitted position.
Summary of Duties and Qualifications
- Assist with coaching strategies and teaching methods to develop
student-athletes' skill and teamwork
- Analyze performance of teams and individuals and provide
leadership and instruction
- Assist in pre-season, in-season, and post-season training and
- Participate in scouting and recruitment of a diverse set of
- Help monitor the progress of prospective student-athletes'
- Help coordinate and organize potential student-athlete
- Compliance with College, NESCAC, and NCAA rules and
- Work with the Head Coach to develop and strengthen team culture
and create a diverse and inclusive program
- Bachelor's Degree
- Valid driver's license to drive college vehicles to team
competition when necessary. Requires successful completion of Five
College Risk Management driver credentialing program. (See:
- Collegiate playing and/or coaching experience
- An understanding of the role intercollegiate athletics in a
highly competitive academic environment
- Commitment to or experience working with a diverse
Amherst College offers many opportunities for professional growth
and development, continued learning, and career advancement.
Amherst College requires all employees to be fully vaccinated
for COVID-19 (medical and religious exemptions may
Amherst College is pleased to provide a comprehensive, highly
competitive benefits package that meets the needs of staff and
faculty and their families. Benefits are an important part of our
overall compensation, so it is critical that you review all of the
options to ensure itmeets your total compensation requirements.
Click here for Benefits Information .
Interestedcandidates are asked to submit a resume and cover letter
online at https://amherst.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/Amherst_Jobs
. Please be sure to upload all requested documents prior to
clicking Submit. Applications cannot be revised once submitted.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue
until the position is filled.
To find information about job group and level (JGL) follow this