Kitchen Utility Worker
***New hires for this position will be eligible for a $750
sign-on bonus at the completion of 180 days of
The Kitchen Utility Worker maintains a clean and sanitary stock of
dishes and utensils, washes and sanitizes all pots and utensils as
necessary and stores items in appropriate areas.
Offer is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal
* Loads soiled dishes into dish rack and prepares dish machines for
* Loads appropriate soap levels and time cycles. Runs dishes
* Provides training for new staff members in proper safety and
sanitation procedures and in the operation of dishroom equipment
such as dishwasher, carts, etc.
* Must follow sanitation guidelines.
* Unloads and stacks dishes and glassware in appropriate storage
* Sorts silverware and utensils and places them in proper storage
* Maintains dish room equipment and reports malfunctions to Dining
Room Supervisor or Commons Chef.
* Washes all pots, pans and kitchen utensils and sanitizes all pots
* Stores in appropriate areas.
* Sweeps and mops kitchen and dish room area.
* Removes all trash cans from kitchen area and stores in
* Rinses all trash cans and ensures they are properly and safely
* Operates all equipment in a safe manner.
* Cleans and organizes back dock and receiving area.
* Must comply with uniform/dress code.
* Performs other duties as assigned to assist the department in
obtaining and maintaining its mission.
No formal education is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
General knowledge of safety/sanitary aspects of food service areas
and machine operation preferred.
high volume dishwashing preferred but not required
Must be physically able to lift 25 lbs. numerous times each day.
Must be able to lift, as well as push and pull up to 60 lbs.
frequently. This job requires frequent and repetitive bending,
twisting, and overhead reaching. Must be able to stand for long
periods of time and work in hot and humid conditions.
Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background
check. Information on our background check policy can be found
To apply, visit https://middlebury.peopleadmin.com/postings/26870
Middlebury is an equal-opportunity employer where diversity,
equity, and inclusion are core values. To this end, Middlebury
recruits talented and diverse faculty, staff, and students from
across the United States and around the world. Middlebury
encourages applications from women, people of color, people with
disabilities, and members of other protected classes and
historically underrepresented communities. Middlebury also invites
applications from individuals who demonstrate an ongoing commitment
to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the