HVAC, General Maintenance
***New hires for this position will be eligible for a $750
sign-on bonus at the completion of 180 days of
Assists with installation, repair and maintenance of freezers and
refrigerators, plumbing systems and HVAC systems for campus
buildings and facilities.
Offer is contingent upon successful completion of a
criminal background check and a post-offer pre-employment
* May assist with installation, maintenance and repair of
refrigerators and freezers, maintains records of repair and advises
on/performs preventative maintenance.
* Performs maintenance and repair of various facilities as
indicated on daily work orders (plumbing and HVAC).
* Assists with testing procedures to troubleshoot electromechanical
systems on campus equipment.
* Performs preventative maintenance on air handling equipment
including but not limited to belts, filters, motors, and
* Works cooperatively with others and accepts direction from
* Performs all duties in a safe and professional manner and in
accordance with established Middlebury College and departmental
policies and procedures.
* Assists with emergency generator maintenance.
* Assists with metal fabricating and welding as required.
* May order materials needed to complete jobs.
* May assist with lay out and installing plumbing and other jobs to
comply with plumbing codes. Maintains records of time, materials,
etc., involved with each job.
* Performs associated facilities service management work as
requested, including, but not limited to: snow removal, event
set-up and clean-up, truck loading and unloading and grounds
* Performs other duties as assigned to assist the department in
obtaining and maintaining its mission.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Willing to attend
appropriate technical school training in refrigeration systems,
electro mechanical systems, welding, and plumbing systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Knowledge of refrigeration, HVAC, electro mechanical and plumbing
* Knowledge of or ability to learn lock-out/tag-out
procedures,confined space entry, and electrical safety.
* Must be available to assist with emergency maintenance calls on
evenings and weekends according to rotational schedule. Ability to
work certain Saturdays and Sundays during the course of the year as
major events and emergencies require.
* Must have valid driver’s license and own vehicle for
transportation of self, tools and procuring small materials.
Furnishes own hand tools for plumbing/mechanical work.
* Requires frequent walking and long periods of time standing. Also
requires frequent bending, twisting, crouching and reaching.
Must have at least 2 years of prior relevant work experience.
Click here to view the full physical demand requirements for this
(Category I screen)
Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background
check. Information on our background check policy can be found
To apply, visit https://middlebury.peopleadmin.com/postings/27022
Middlebury is an equal-opportunity employer where diversity,
equity, and inclusion are core values. To this end, Middlebury
recruits talented and diverse faculty, staff, and students from
across the United States and around the world. Middlebury
encourages applications from women, people of color, people with
disabilities, and members of other protected classes and
historically underrepresented communities. Middlebury also invites
applications from individuals who demonstrate an ongoing commitment
to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the