Technical Analyst, Student Records
Internal Position Title:
: Student Records
The Technical Analyst, Student Records
, under the
supervision of the Assistant Director, Student Records Technology,
strategically utilizes resources to provide functional, technical,
and organizational support to the college. These responsibilities
include fostering innovative process redesign and improvement,
supporting tech projects and upgrades, and cultivating
collaborative relationships with internal and external
stakeholders. The Student Records Technical Analyst is also
responsible for managing PeopleSoft processes, including the
troubleshooting and resolution of technical issues. The Technical
Analyst serves as a primary contact to resolve incoming inquiries,
problems, and requests and coordinates service to support access
and success for students. The Students Records Technical Analyst
directly supports the technology processes and functions within the
Student Records Office. This position serves to enhance, support,
and test the work done by the Business Analyst and the Assistant
Director of Student Records Technology.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Two years experience in higher education, preferably in student
records, admissions, advising or curriculum management
- Knowledge of technology systems in a student records
- Organized and detail-oriented team player with the ability to
prioritize, multi-task and work independently while handling
confidential information and exercising sound judgement.
- Ability to utilize computer technology to access data, maintain
records, generate reports and communicate with others. Proficient
in Microsoft 365 programs.
- Solid analytical and critical thinking skills, strong attention
to detail, and excellent organizational skills. Ability to work
independently, manage multiple workloads, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Proven ability to work effectively with individuals and teams
from diverse backgrounds and professional responsibilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong
- Ability to handle all situations with tact, persuasiveness, and
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service.
- Familiarity with Student Information Systems.
- Knowledge of higher education policies and procedures related
to student records, including FERPA regulations.
- Previous experience using PeopleSoft Campus Solutions and
Perceptive Content preferred.
- Higher education experience in a community college setting
- Bilingual Spanish/English
Expected Start Date:
Special Instructions Summary:
This position is pending Board
$50,837 - $54,000 commensurate with
Total Hours Per Week:
May vary based on the needs of the division and may include
evenings and weekends. It may regularly coincide or compliment the
division office hours. The functioning hours for the Office of
Student Records is typically Monday-Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm.
Software Testing Required:
Excel, MS Word
Interview Process Requirements:
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has
a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad
spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with
Summary of Essential Functions:
Product/Data Management & Use (50%)
Project Management and Business Process Analysis Support
- Provides direct technology, analyst, and testing support to SR
leadership and BA in the College’s reporting, catalog updates, com
gen communications, patch/fix/system upgrades, and all other
technology and business processes in the SR department.
- Acts as the primary support of the functional technical
partners for Student Records (SR) leaders, users and IT staff for
the area’s products/applications, including but not limited to,
PeopleSoft Campus Solutions, Image Now Perceptive Content,
Parchment, College Source TES, etc.
- Assists with SR efforts in data support, configuration,
implementation, testing & maintenance
- Responds to help desk tickets
- Assists with the testing of product patches and upgrades and
schedules department application software upgrades to ensure
seamless transition to new products and versions.
- Troubleshoots, reports and works with Business Analyst to
resolve testing issues
- Provides accurate and timely data in the appropriate format for
internal and external reporting.
- Assists and supports end users in the use of technology to
perform desired functions and procedures.
- Develop and maintain the department manual and update materials
as needed. Develop operating procedures and process maps for newly
- Draft, communicate, and provide internal and external training
on Student Records processes and implement new procedures.
- Research, analyze, and propose strategic opportunities for
Student Records processes and policies. Provide information and
guidance to internal and external departments and divisions to
coordinate strategic use of resources to support student access and
- Manage assigned special projects related to new technology
developments; troubleshoot issues and suggest solutions in
partnership with the Business Analyst and Information Technology
- Administer joint agreement partnerships, including processing
requests, developing relationships with participating colleges, and
coordinating ICCB reporting with Institutional Effectiveness,
Planning & Research (IEPR) department.
- Coordinate and develop content for the Student Records webpages
and website. Collaborate with Public Relations (PR) on special
updates and projects.
- Administrate the processing, training, and communication of the
data cleanup of duplicate student accounts
Other duties (15%)
- Serves as Project Manager support role on assigned SR projects
and assists BA on department projects.
- Identifies and compiles user requirements, recommends best
practices, defines project scope, assesses and recommends vendors
when appropriate, completes detailed project design specifications
to be used as the guide for implementation
- Supports project plans and executes according to direction from
SR leadership and Business Analyst.
- Supports and adheres to a communication strategy to keep all
stakeholders and project partners abreast of project progress,
schedules and leads regular meetings with SR leadership and BA,
setting and reviewing project progress, and gathering user feedback
along the way.
- Coordinates user acceptance testing of all new functionality
and works directly with SR leadership, the BA, and vendor/IT to
resolve issues that arise.
- Documents use of new functionality and corresponding business
practices; coordinates training for key stakeholders under the
direction of SR leadership, including students; develops and
maintains internal and public-facing reference guides and
- Regularly supports the testing of newly implemented technology
solutions, serving as secondary point of contact for newly
encountered issues and regularly checking in with key users for
feedback and potential enhancements.
- Configure setups and manage Student Records processes to
maintain data integrity and functional operations, such as grade
roster generation, grade posting, student groups batch assignment,
batch service indicators/holds assignment and release, and
PeopleSoft email communications.
- Query and analyze data to validate, make updates, resolve
issues, and maintain data integrity related to address changes,
residency updates, grade roster error checks, program change
errors, and others as assigned.
- Investigate and resolve PeopleSoft issues that arise related to
student records, grade rosters, and batch processes. Identify and
troubleshoot functional issues impacting day-to-day operations and
data integrity. Examine and analyze the broad context for specific
problems and suggest alternative solutions.
- Utilize test environments to investigate and resolve issues and
to support scheduled updates and new implementations.
- Develop and maintain functional operating procedures for
assigned tasks. Develop and maintain process schedule for the
department, adding new processes as needed (posting grade rosters,
creating grade rosters, adding groups, etc.).
- Assist Business Analyst and Assistant Director of Student
Records Technology in data setups and changes, testing, and future
technology implementations (maintain all setup tables related to
changes in academic programs, plans, subplans for electronic forms,
request to graduate, etc.)
- Assist with compiling and submitting National Student
Clearinghouse enrollment and degree verification reports. Complete
error resolutions and coordinate with Business Analyst to ensure
reporting is accurate.
- Verify that requests are valid and meet college policy and
Serve as Student Records
contact for students regarding joint agreements, duplicate IDs,
username changes, alias name changes and enrollment and grade
change issues. Act as a liaison on behalf of the student among the
academic divisions and other departments.
To apply, visit https://jobs.clcillinois.edu/postings/20750
- Develop and maintain positive, professional relationships with
students, community members, staff, and faculty.
- Answer questions and resolve issues for Academic Success
Advisors (ASA) and College and Career Navigators (CCN) regarding
program change questions and issues supporting student access and
- Coordinate with Financial Aid (FA) and the academic divisions
to prevent bottlenecks in section switch processing, class
permissions, access to Canvas, etc.
- Provide internal and external stakeholders information
regarding Student Records processes, including enrollment
processes, grades, verifications, and joint agreements.
- Maintain confidentiality and compliance with FERPA when
handling confidential student information.