The Human Resources Department seeks to provide leadership and
expertise on human resource matters by serving as internal
consultants to University employees. It is the goal of the Human
Resources Department to develop and support a diverse workforce; to
attract and retain quality employees; to facilitate open, two-way
communications between supervisory and staff personnel; to develop
and maintain a climate of mutual trust, confidence and sensitivity
to the needs of our employees and the University; and to build and
enhance motivation, a spirit of cooperation and job satisfaction.
We seek to serve as advocates for equity, diversity and inclusion,
to provide excellent customer service and to strengthen and support
the University in achieving its aspirations through the human
Primarily accountable for the creation and management of efficient
projects, processes and record keeping across the suite of HR
services, including ERP and talent systems. Responsible for
recommending investment strategies in University HR information
systems, data management processes, and HR process improvement
efforts. Ensures optimal implementation, configuration and
management of HR systems, processes and data.
Specific accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversees upgrades and implementations following project
management methodologies, ensuring successful system deployments
- The effective maintenance of all HR-related employee records,
both electronic and hard copy. Ensuring all records are maintained
to applicable regulatory and University standards.
- Provides guidance to all HR staff on efficient and accurate use
of core HR processes, to include University-wide processes (e.g.
open enrollment, merit increases, recruitment, etc.).
- Creating and maintaining an environment in which accurate,
clean HR data is accessible to appropriate users and HR
professionals. As required, may be accountable for the development
of sophisticated analysis of HR data in support of University
- Making key data and related analysis accessible to the HR teams
and key constituents for the development of policies, programs and
- Creates relevant reports, visuals and dashboards with various
reporting and business intelligence tools and facilities advanced
- Troubleshoots technical support for the HR Department.
- Communicates with the IT department and assists in
troubleshooting integration files between systems.
- Performs setup and maintenance of supporting HR tables and
security access of applicable systems.
- Leads and/or participates on implementation teams. Supports and
coordinates the HR team through implementation and upgrade
- Creates testing scenarios for upgrades and new systems.
- Trains HR staff on new technology.
- Maintains HR Webpage(s) for updates and accuracy.
- Accountable for supporting a broad spectrum of HR functions
which may include, tracking key performance indicators, analyzing
market data and compensation programs, annual salary process,
responding to surveys, conducting research and analysis to address
a variety of issues and challenges related to human resources,
including delivery of services.
Professional Experience/ Qualifications
- Expert level technical skills with Excel, Word and report
writing tools for pulling accurate data from a variety of database
- Four years of previous experience with an enterprise resource
planning system ( ERP ) and/or human resources information system (
HRIS ) or a similar system from which experience can be drawn.
- Proven ability to build productive partnerships with key
partners and campus constituents.
- Ability to operationalize complex program designs into
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with a diverse group of
employees, students and community members.
- Experience in managing projects.
- Previous experience working in a human resources department
that provides a general knowledge of the various HR functions.
- Experience with any of the following: Tableau, Banner, Crystal
- Experience leading large technology projects is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or a combination of experience and/or
education from which equivalent experience can be drawn.
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions Summary
Please share a diversity statement with us in your cover
Colgate has a diverse student, faculty, staff, and alumni
population representing a variety of races, gender identities,
social economic status, sexual orientations, languages, national
origins, etc. Our
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Plan
presents a framework for
continuing the creation of an inclusive campus and engaging the
Colgate community in this effort in the years ahead.
Please describe how you would connect and work with a diverse
community. The statement can be any length (e.g. paragraph or
page). You can share the statement in your cover letter. For
information on how to write a diversity statement, see our
Guidance on Crafting Diversity Statements
It is the policy of Colgate University not to discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of their
race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin,
marital status, disability, protected Veterans status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information,
being or having been victims of domestic violence or stalking,
familial status, or any other categories covered by law. Colgate is
an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Candidates from
historically underrepresented groups, women, persons with
disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
For more information, click the "How to Apply" button.