The BioFrontiers Institute
at the University of Colorado
Boulder encourages applications for an Events and Communications
! This position is responsible for event and
meeting management, communications support, and project management
for the BioFrontiers Institute.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a
culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students
dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We
are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and
individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
At the BioFrontiers Institute
, researchers from the life
sciences, physical sciences, computer science, and engineering are
working together to uncover new knowledge at the frontiers of
science and working with industry to transform their discoveries
into new tools. The BioFrontiers Institute is uniquely defined both
by our excellent faculty, research, and leadership and by the
scientific and geographical ecosystem that empowers our work.
BioFrontiers has a unique "frontier" culture that allows our
researchers to explore new areas of bioscience by employing the
resources and talents across the Institute and the university
system. The Institute integrates faculty members from eleven
academic departments, allowing them to work across fields.
BioFrontiers drives innovation without boundaries.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Event and Meeting Management
- Plans and manages procurement and logistics for recurring
meetings, special events, seminars, symposia, IQ Biology student
recruitment, and faculty recruitment. Meetings may include advisory
board meetings, council meetings, donor meetings and events,
Admissions Committee, Academic Advising Committees, and internal
groups and committees.
- Administers annual staffing events, employee recognition and
engagement events, and staff social events.
- Processes requests for approvals; establishes budgets;
coordinates logistics and scheduling; liaises with speakers and
invited guests; organizes staff, students, volunteers, and
speakers; identifies vendors; coordinates catering; creates flyers
and publicizes events; expedites reimbursements; and provides any
necessary post-event follow-up and/or reporting.
- Manages all travel and logistics associated with events,
student recruitment and faculty recruitment, including honoraria,
pre-travel authorization, flight/hotel reservations, ground
transportation and post-trip reimbursement. Ensures compliance with
all federal, state, university and departmental regulations and
- Under the direction of and in coordination with the Director of
Interdisciplinary Research, assists with the development and
implementation of the Institute’s communications plan to include
social media, public engagement and outreach, and digital/print
- Gathers, writes and edits content for communications
- Engages with BioFrontiers faculty and staff to gather news,
achievements and content.
- Collaborates with student employees who may be working on
communications-related projects (web development, graphic design,
- Prepares and distributes BioFrontiers weekly newsletter.
- Monitors communication-related email through BioFrontiers
Communications email account.
- Assists Education Team with data gathering and analysis.
Researches, analyzes and presents data suitable for reports,
grants, presentations, proposals and publications.
- Plans, implements and manages general and special projects
assigned such as collaborative grants and reporting, ensuring
timely completion. May include collaborative grant applications or
What You Should Know
- Provides support to BioFrontiers Directors and staff as
- Serves as support and back-up for other administrative team
members for functions relating to procurement, administration, and
- Assist with hiring and managing student assistant(s) as
What We Can Offer
- All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to
align with the campus COVID-19 vaccine
requirement . New employees must provide proof of vaccination
or receive a medical or religious exemption within 30 days of
- We anticipate this position will support a hybrid format
(remote and in-person work).
- This position must be able to provide in-person support at
meetings and events, including occasional morning, nights, and
- The salary range for this position is $50,000-$58,000 and is
commensurate with experience.
- Relocation assistance is available per department
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental,
retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The
University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in
Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education
environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
Be collaborative. Be supportive. Be Boulder.
What We Require
What You Will Need
- At least 1+ years of professional, job-related experience
(experience with event and meeting planning, and/or
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and
experience may substitute.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
- Responsible and self-motivated.
- Ability to proactively solve problems and efficiently manage
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficient organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Skill using MS Office software.
- 3+ years of job-related professional experience preferred.
- Experience with project management preferred.
- Experience in higher education.
- Experience with social media, digital and print media
- Experience with University of Colorado systems, including
PeopleSoft Finance, Marketplace, Concur, Slate, and CU-SIS is a
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background
and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and
responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by July 11, 2022
Application materials will not be accepted via
email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: