Business Coordinator III
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
College of Business
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
This position is responsible for day-to-day budget oversight and
management on behalf of the dean and for ensuring that all fiscally
related business processes for the College of Business, the Coastal
Bend Business Innovation Center (CBBIC), and the South Texas
Economic Development Center (STEDC) are implemented in a timely and
effective manner and in accordance with all policies, laws, and
- Handle budget development, budget management, and budget
requests for the College of Business, Coastal Bend Business
Innovation Center (CBBIC), and South Texas Economic Development
Center (STEDC). Monitor, address discrepancies, manage
encumbrances, and reconcile accounts for the College of Business,
CBBIC, and STEDC. Generate monthly reports on accounts, including
end of year projections to Dean. Provide financial analyses and
advisement regarding program funding, financial and account
- Develops budget reports and creates budget forecasts and
projections for ongoing review and approval.
- Plans, implements, coordinates, monitors, and evaluates
policies and procedures and monitors compliance with policies and
procedures. Develops and recommends policies, procedures, and
- Serves as an approver and back-up signer of vouchers and
requisitions. Reviews and approves account reconciliations of unit
accounts. Assists with the management of financial transactions,
including assigning costs to appropriate accounts and projects.
Monitors and controls unit expenditures plan within budget
- Manages annual fiscal year closing activities. Resolves
operational and procedural financial problems. Prepares and
analyzes business reports. Manages allocations and reporting.
Performs analyses of resource allocations and operating fund
- Manages cash handling activities and unit capital equipment
purchasing. Serves as accountability property officer. Serves as
liaison with financial, payroll, and human resources units.
Interprets System policies and regulations and University rules.
Manages maintenance of unit business files.
- Identifies business process-related needs and problems and
proposes solutions. Implements and audits business procedures and
trains staff on new and existing procedures. Provides advice on
administrative and fiscal procedures.
- Manages personnel activities including preparing position
analyses, updating position descriptions, and developing employment
offers. Communicates with employees regarding personnel policies
and procedures and identifies training needs.
- Serves as a resource to principal investigator(s) for grant
development, administration, and reporting.
- Assist and provide cross-training for administrative staff
regarding basic financial management for their responsible
department for the College of Business, CBBIC, and STEDC. Advise
staff on determined funding sources for travel and other
departmental expenses. Assist with the preparation of travel
documents and reconciliations for all faculty.
- Collect data and perform financial analyses for various
programs and financial functions of the College, CBBIC, and STEDC;
including, but not limited to, faculty expense and tuition revenue
analyses. Perform analyses as requested by the Provost's Office,
Dean, or center directors.
- Assist Dean's Office with compiling and reporting data to AACSB
for BSQ and ASQ surveys.
- Develops and approves schedules, priorities and standards for
achieving goals. May serve as an office manager. Coordinates and
evaluates business function, division, or department
- Manage faculty workload process and supports Dean, Associate
Deans, and Department Chairs to ensure the accuracy of faculty
- Work with Dean, Associate Deans and Department Chairs to
identify potential opportunities to improve business processes and
operational effectiveness and reduce costs.
- Generates reports as requested by the Provost's Office, Dean,
or center directors.
- Prepare, track, and approve documents (such as DBRs, DCRs,
PCTs, Journal Entries, etc.) to reallocate budgeted funds as
required based upon spending, and generate Fiscal Requests for
additional funds based upon supportive funds analyses for the
College of Business, CBBIC, and STEDC. Serve as main contact for
departmental expense reports and purchases, p-card charges and
purchase orders to ensure proper funding source.
- Participates in the hiring and training of subordinate business
staff and student workers. May supervise staff and resolves staff
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Accounting.
- Four (4) years related work experience in general office,
accounting, or personnel operations.
- Additional experience/education may be considered as a
substitution for the minimum qualifications.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently with minimal
supervision (self-motivated). Ability to work in a fast-paced
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Master's Degree.
- Experience in the TAMU System.
- Experience in FAMIS, Canopy, IslanderBuy, Laserfische, and
- $51,000 - $57,000 annually
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a
criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon
the institution's verification of credentials and/or other
information required by the institution's procedures, including the
completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer
committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Business-Coordinator-III_R-051698-1