Posting Detail Information
Technical Analyst, Financial Aid
Internal Position Title
The Financial Aid Technical Analyst, under the supervision of the
Director, Financial Aid, strategically utilizes resources to
provide functional, technical, and organizational support to the
college. These responsibilities include fostering innovative
process redesign and improvement, supporting tech projects and
upgrades, and cultivating collaborative relationships with internal
and external stakeholders. The Financial Aid Technical Analyst is
also responsible for managing PeopleSoft processes, including the
troubleshooting and resolution of technical issues. The Analyst
serves as a primary contact to resolve incoming inquiries,
problems, and requests and coordinates service to support access
and success for students. The Financial Aid Technical Analyst
directly supports the technology processes and functions within the
Financial Aid Office. This position serves to enhance, support, and
test the work done by the Business Analyst and the Director of
1. Bachelor’s degree required.
2. Two years experience in higher education, preferably in
3. Knowledge of technology systems in a Financial Aid office.
4. Organized and detail-oriented team player with the ability to
prioritize, multi-task and work independently while handling
confidential information and exercising sound judgement.
SKILL REQUIREMENTS :
Ability to utilize computer technology to access data, maintain
records, generate reports and communicate with others. Proficient
in Microsoft 365 programs. Solid analytical and critical thinking
skills, strong attention to detail, and excellent organizational
skills. Ability to work independently, manage multiple workloads,
and meet deadlines. Ability to work in a highly collaborative
environment. Proven ability to work effectively with individuals
and teams from diverse backgrounds and professional
responsibilities. Excellent oral and written communication skills
and strong interpersonal skills. Ability to handle all situations
with tact, persuasiveness, and diplomacy. Commitment to providing
excellent customer service.
1. Familiarity with Student Information Systems.
2. Knowledge of higher education policies and procedures related to
3. Previous experience using PeopleSoft Campus Solutions and
Perceptive Content preferred.
4. Higher education experience in a community college
5. Bilingual Spanish/English.
Expected Start Date
Special Instructions Summary
This position is pending Board approval.
$50,837 - $54,000 commensurate with experience
Total Hours per week
Monday – Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm. May vary based on the needs of the
division and may include evenings and weekends. It may regularly
coincide or compliment the department office hours.
Software Testing Required
Excel, MS Word
Interview Process Requirements
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has
a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad
spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with
disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V
Summary of Essential Functions
Product/Data Management & Use (50%)
1. Provides direct technology, analyst, and testing support to FA
leadership and BA in the College’s reporting, com gen
communications, patch/fix/system upgrades, and all other technology
and business processes in the FA department.
2. Acts as the primary support of the functional technical partners
for Financial Aid (FA) leaders, users and IT staff for the area’s
products/applications, including but not limited to, PeopleSoft
Campus Solutions, Image Now Perceptive Content, COD, EdConnect,
a. Assists with FA efforts in data support, configuration,
implementation, testing & maintenance
b. Sends and receives files from Department of Education, load into
PeopleSoft application and FTP ISIR files to third party
c. Submits identify reporting files to FAA Access.
3. Assists with the testing of product patches and upgrades and
schedules department application software upgrades to ensure
seamless transition to new products and versions.
a. Troubleshoots, reports and works with Business Analyst to
resolve testing issues
4. Provides accurate and timely data in the appropriate format for
internal and external reporting.
5. Assists and supports end users in the use of technology to
perform desired functions and procedures.
6. Develop and maintain the department manual and update materials
as needed. Develop operating procedures and process maps for newly
7. Draft, communicate, and provide internal and external training
on Financial Aid processes and implement new procedures.
8. Research, analyze, and propose strategic opportunities for
Financial Aid processes and policies. Provide information and
guidance to internal and external departments and divisions to
coordinate strategic use of resources to support student access and
9. Manage assigned special projects related to new technology
developments; troubleshoot issues and suggest solutions in
partnership with the Business Analyst and Information Technology
10. Coordinate ICCB reporting with Institutional Effectiveness,
Planning & Research ( IEPR ) department and FA Director.
11. Coordinate and develop content for the Financial Aid webpages
and website. Collaborate with Public Relations (PR) on special
updates and projects.
Project Management and Business Process Analysis Support
1. Serves as Project Manager support role on assigned FA projects
and assists BA on department projects
a. Identifies and compiles user requirements, recommends best
practices, defines project scope, assesses and recommends vendors
when appropriate, completes detailed project design specifications
to be used as the guide for implementation.
b. Supports project plans and executes according to direction from
FA leadership and Business Analyst.
c. Supports and adheres to a communication strategy to keep all
stakeholders and project partners abreast of project progress,
schedules and leads regular meetings with FA leadership and BA,
setting and reviewing project progress, and gathering user feedback
along the way.
d. Coordinates user acceptance testing of all new functionality and
works directly with FA leadership, the BA, and vendor/IT to resolve
issues that arise.
e. Documents use of new functionality and corresponding business
practices; coordinates training for key stakeholders under the
direction of FA leadership, including students; develops and
maintains internal and public-facing reference guides and
f. Regularly supports the testing of newly implemented technology
solutions, serving as secondary point of contact for newly
encountered issues and regularly checking in with key users for
feedback and potential enhancements.
2. Configure setups and manage Financial Aid processes to maintain
data integrity and functional operations, such as batch service
indicators/holds assignment and release, PeopleSoft email
communications, packaging process and disbursement
3. Query and analyze data to validate, make updates, resolve
issues, and maintain data integrity related to Financial Aid,
including reconciliation of grants and loans.
4. Investigate and resolve PeopleSoft issues that arise related to
Financial Aid and batch processes. Identify and troubleshoot
functional issues affecting day-to-day operations and data
integrity. Examine and analyze the broad context for specific
problems and suggest alternative solutions.
5. Utilize test environments to investigate and resolve issues and
to support scheduled updates and new implementations.
6. Develop and maintain functional operating procedures for
assigned tasks. Develop and maintain process schedule for the
department, adding new processes as needed.
7. Assist Business Analyst and Director of Financial Aid in data
setups and changes, testing, and future technology
8. Verify that requests are valid and meet college policy and
Other duties (15%)
1. Develop and maintain positive, professional relationships with
students, community members, staff, and faculty.
2. Answer questions and resolve issues for Academic Success
Advisors ( ASA ), College and Career Navigators ( CCN ), and
Welcome and One Stop ( WOSC ) Generalists regarding Financial Aid
specific questions and issues supporting student access and
3. Coordinate with Financial Aid (FA) and Finance departments in
reviewing and resolving unapplied aid.
4. Maintain confidentiality and compliance with FERPA when handling
confidential student information.
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor’s degree or higher?
- * Do you have two (2) years experience in higher education?
(Preferably in Financial Aid)
- * Do you have knowledge of technology systems in a Financial
- * Do you have experience with student information systems?
- * Do you have knowledge of higher education policies and
procedures related to Financial Aid?
- * Do you have previous experience using PeopleSoft Campus
Solutions and Perceptive Content?
- * Do you have higher education experience in a community
- * Are you bilingual proficient in English and Spanish?
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3