Posting Detail Information
Office Assistant, Campus Services
Internal Position Title
College of Lake County is seeking a Part Time Office
to support our Campus Serivces Department. (Mon
thru Fri 8:00am- 1:00pm)
The Office Assistant assists with the
general mail room operation and performance of shipping and
receiving duties to include but not limited to, sorting, picking
up, delivering, and processing mail, assisting with incoming goods,
and phone and customer inquiries.
Regular Part-Time Board established positions earn Vacation and
Sick Leave and Tuition waiver
for CLC classes and Tuition
Reimbursement for advanced degrees. In addition, employees are
eligible to participate in the State University Retirement System (
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to push, pull, lift, and carry up to 50 lbs. on a
regular basis, and 70 lbs. on an occasional basis, with or without
- Valid driver’s license.
- Two years’ office or mail room experience.
- Experience driving a work van.
Expected Start Date
Special Instructions Summary
$12.00 per hour
Total Hours per week
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Software Testing Required
Excel, MS Word, Outlook
Interview Process Requirements
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has
a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad
spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with
disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V
Summary of Essential Functions
1. Sorts daily mail from post office.
2. Picks up and processes outgoing mail using the postal metering
3. Sorts incoming and interoffice mail, and assists with delivering
mail, publications, supplies, etc. to college offices, divisions,
and faculty, and prepares shipments for delivery to extension
4. Assists with receiving the incoming delivery of goods and
forwards to requisitioning departments; processes freight shipments
and return of goods.
5. Makes mail deliveries to other campuses.
6. Assists with storing items in a safe and efficient manner.
7. Assists with developing effective methods of outgoing mail
8. Assists with answering phones and customer inquiries.
9. Assists with print and copy jobs.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a high school diploma or equivalent?
- * Are you able to push, pull, lift, and carry up to 50 lbs. on
a regular basis, and 70 lbs. on an occasional basis, with or
without reasonable accommodations?
- * Do you have a valid driver's license?
- * Do you have at least 2 years' office or mail room experience?
- * Do you have experience driving a work van?
- Cover Letter