University of Delaware
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which
encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women,
Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University's Notice
of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html
Information Technology, Part Time
Classroom Support Specialist, Part-Time, Benefited Position
The University of Delaware Division of Professional and Continuing
Under limited direction of the OLLI Program Manager, the Classroom
Support Specialist, requires proficiencies in a variety of
functional areas of information technology (IT), audiovisual
technology (AV), and facilities maintenance (Facilities). The
Classroom Support Specialist works closely with the Program Manager
and Program Coordinator to address OLLI K/S's classroom needs. The
Classroom Support Specialist's principal emphasis is designing,
implementing, maintaining, and providing end-user support for the
AV systems of multiple OLLI K/S locations. This position requires
configuring classrooms to meet the multi-modality needs of the
program. This position supervises the time and efforts of the
miscellaneous wage Classroom/AV Support Staff to ensure member
satisfaction with online and in-classroom technology and provide
technical and logistical support to instructors at each of the OLLI
Analytical thinking and the ability to work under pressure are
paramount as troubleshooting and resolving issues with a variety of
AV equipment, computing devices, operating systems, peripherals,
and internet connections must often be accomplished during live
classes and events while working with members or instructors of
limited technical experience.
- Plan, design, and install classroom IT and AV technology at all
OLLI K/S locations.
- Assist with the planning, room logistics, and execution of
courses, events, and activities at each OLLI K/S location to ensure
safety and efficiency. Update the CampusCE database as needed.
- Supervise the work and time of miscellaneous wage Classroom/AV
Support Staff at all OLLI K/S locations.
- Research and evaluate classroom technology evolution and trends
and provide recommendations for purchase and installation.
- Maintain detailed electronic records of all equipment,
maintenance, upgrades, repairs, and disposal.
- Maintain detailed records of all software licenses,
installations, upgrades, and sunsetting.
- Order equipment and supplies needed for routine repairs and
upgrades with the manager's approval.
- Ensure proper maintenance of all IT, AV, and facilities systems
and equipment, including required security, safety, and sanitation
- Create and maintain a safety and evacuation plan for all OLLI
- Oversee and submit required reports to the UD Office of
Environmental Health & Safety.
- Work with the Program Coordinator to develop and provide tech
training for volunteer instructors.
- Provide hardware, software, and internet connectivity technical
support to volunteer instructors for Windows and MAC O/S computers,
Apple and Android-based devices mobile devices, webcams, document
cameras, microphones, headsets, amps, speakers, switches, etc.
- Physically arrange classroom furniture and equipment.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Notice of Non-Discrimination, Equal Opportunity and Affirmative
- Associates degree in information technology-related with two or
more years of recent job-related experience. Four or more years of
recent job-related experience may be substituted for
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong customer service skills and ability to interact well
with older adults with diverse backgrounds.
- Extensive experience working effectively independently and as
part of a diverse team.
- Experience communicating effectively with people of varied
- Ability to follow oral and written, guidelines, procedures, and
- Experience installing, maintaining, troubleshooting, and
repairing IT and AV hardware.
- Experience in managing and maintaining basic building
- MAC OS and Windows proficiency: Installing, upgrading,
- MS Office, Presentation software and Zoom proficiency.
- Networking proficiency: IP setup, routers, switches, access
points, running cables
- Various peripheral proficiency: Printers, webcam, USB mics,
- Ability to move furniture and equipment up to thirty
- Valid driver's license, insurance, and personal vehicle for
non-commute travel on University business when needed (standard
University mileage reimbursement provided)
- Demonstrates an understanding and consideration of the
differing needs and concerns of individuals with varying
identities, cultures, and backgrounds.
- Committed to fostering a workplace culture of belonging, where
diversity is celebrated, and equity is a core value.
The University of Delaware does not discriminate against any person
on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity
or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital
status, disability, religion, age, veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by applicable law in its employment,
educational programs and activities, admissions policies, and
scholarship and loan programs as required by Title IX of the
Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act
of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII
of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and
University policies. The University of Delaware also prohibits
unlawful harassment including sexual harassment and sexual