Rocky Vista University
Rocky Vista University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer that does not discriminate against an employee or
applicant based upon race, color, religion, gender, national
origin, disability, or veteran status. Rocky Vista University is an
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location, Job Title, Benefits
Rocky Vista University in Parker, CO has an opening for
Marketing and Events Coordinator (Full-Time)
To be considered for this position applicants should submit a
resume/cover letter and salary requirements.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The posted salary range represents the minimum to the midpoint
within RVU's compensation plan. RVU's full compensation structure
provides a minimum to a maximum range. The salary of the
finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety
of factors, including but not limited to skill, knowledge,
experience, education, and credentials.
RVU offers a full benefits package that includes 401(k), Health,
Dental and Vision insurance, along with 2 weeks accrued paid
vacation days per year, 12 accrued sick days per year, personal
days, 13 ½ paid holidays and 401(K) match up to 7% based on
employee's contribution. A hybrid work model with remote
flexibility is also available for eligible positions.
RVU is is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud
to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran
The primary responsibilities of this position will be to help with
events and Marketing under the supervision of both the Assistant
Director of Special Events and External Relations and the Marketing
Manager. This position will work closely with the Marketing staff,
members of the University community, vendors, volunteers and
partnering entities to collaboratively plan high-quality events for
the Colorado and Utah campuses while actively promoting the
University's mission, goals, and brand.
Essential Job Functions
Event Coordinator (50%)
Marketing Coordinator (50%)
- Oversees and coordinates the Induction Ceremonies and
Receptions for both the MSBS and Physician Assistant Programs - CO
and UT campuses.
- Plan and facilitate appropriate and required communication with
the students, faculty, staff, and volunteers regarding important
dates and deadlines.
- Manage event logistics including on-site event set-up, event
management, event breakdown, event collateral/marketing, budgets,
and volunteer management.
- Assists with Commencement (DO, MSBS, PA), and White Coat
Ceremonies for both the CO and UT Campuses.
- Oversees vendor relations directly and effectively.
- Works directly with vendors including printers, caterers,
suppliers, photographers, and florists as needed.
- Works with internal offices such as security, parking, plant
operations, custodial services, etc. for special events.
- Proactively handles arising issues and troubleshoot emerging
problems on event days.
- Demonstrates an eagerness to learn and assume responsibility;
seek out and accept increased responsibility; demonstrates a
proactive work ethic.
- Shows persistence and seek alternatives when obstacles arise;
does things before being asked.
- Represents the Events and Marketing Departments in committees
and at meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Serves as a member of the Marketing Team.
- Oversees the photo database and organization.
- Writes press releases regarding University events and news, and
achievements, and distributes releases to designated community
- Updates and maintains social media sites, utilizing Sprout
- Researches and writes articles for the Vista View, blog and
- Oversees alumni requests and maintains the alumni
- Maintains the contact list and relationships with local and
- Participates in special assignments not limited to; marketing
and the Alumni Association.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, resourceful, and strong
communication, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing equity, diversity and
contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- Ability to demonstrate strong time-management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve innovatively.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office.
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Some experience with Wordpress desired.
- Minimum (3) three years of event planning experience.
- Degree in hospitality management, marketing or Communications,
public relations or related field.
- Must be organized and demonstrate the ability to work
independently, multi-task, function effectively in a fast-paced
environment without getting flustered, show great attention to
detail, and follow through to completion within time
- Consistently manage multiple events and priorities in a calm
and professional manner.
- Excellent people skills, demonstrated integrity, dependability,
sound judgement, and resourcefulness to establish and maintain
collaborative, positive and effective working relationships with
multiple and diverse constituency groups.
- Effective written and oral communication skills to express
ideas and agreements concisely and persuasively to a variety of
- Experience managing multiple logistics, vendors, guests,
set-up, event location, and/or announcements of several projects at
the same time.
- Ability to lift 25-to-50 pounds, stand for extended lengths of
time, assist with event set-up and tear down.
- Ability to work non-traditional work hours to manage events
involving some evenings and weekends.
- Out of state travel and overnight accommodations on a few
occasions will be required.
Final applicant will be required to pass background check and
- Event planning experience; including planning and managing
large-scale and complex events, preferably in higher
- Proven experience with utilizing social media in a professional
- Experience with Sprout Social, HubSpot, or similar
- Experience with CRM, Google Alerts, and Google Photos.
Qualified applicants will be contacted. There may be an additional
video interview for you to complete. Please watch your email
including spam and promotions folder.
Rocky Vista University, on the recommendation of the COVID-19
Response Team (CRT), implemented a mandatory vaccination policy for
all employees and students effective July 1, 2021. Appropriate
exemptions may be considered, and individual state laws may
Rocky Vista University is in full compliance with the Americans
with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard
to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make
reasonable accommodation when necessary. The following are
essential abilities and physical requirements for all positions at
- Ability to orally communicate effectively with others;
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, using the
- Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory
staffs at all levels;
- May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods
of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties;
- May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of
equipment/supplies to include, but not limited to, pens, pencils,
calculators, computer keyboards, telephone, etc.;
- May be required to transport oneself to other campus offices,
conference rooms, and on occasion, to off-campus sites to attend
meetings, conferences, workshops, seminars, etc.