Faculty SIMS Division of Clinical Medicine
Rocky Vista University
Rocky Vista University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer that does not discriminate against an employee or
applicant based upon race, color, religion, gender, national
origin, disability, or veteran status. Rocky Vista University is an
Equal Opportunity Employer.
: Part-Time 19 hours or less
Location, Job Title, Benefits
Rocky Vista University in Ivins, UT has an opening for
Faculty SIMS Division of Clinical Medicine & Surgery .30
To be considered for this position applicants should submit a
resume/cover letter and salary requirements.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The posted salary range represents the minimum to the midpoint
within RVU's compensation plan. RVU's full compensation structure
provides a minimum to a maximum range. The salary of the
finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety
of factors, including but not limited to skill, knowledge,
experience, education, and credentials.
RVU offers paid vacation, sick days, personal days, 13 ½ paid
holidays and 401(K) match up to 7% based on employee's
contribution. A hybrid work model with remote flexibility is
also available for eligible positions.
RVU is is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud
to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran
Participate in teaching, service, scholarly activities, and
appropriate administrative work at RVU.
Essential Job Functions
Marginal Job Functions
- Actively participate in the education and instruction of
medical students, other health care professional students, and
residents while providing mentorship and motivations for learning,
research and scholarly activity in classroom environments, clinical
settings, active learning and simulation groups, laboratory
experience and research opportunities.
- Establish and maintain scheduled office hours for student
advising, tutoring, remediation and consultation.
- Provide service to the university community and students
through serving on RVU committees, providing leadership, mentorship
and expertise to learners, participating in community outreach
events and with professional organizations or groups as assigned by
the Executive Director of SIMS or Provost.
- Participate in simulation and curriculum development,
assessment and modification as a part of RVU's ongoing quality
improvement and assessment program.
- Participate in the assessment and evaluation of students and
residents, provide feedback and remedial assistance to ensure that
the students of RVU meet the standards established by the faculty
and Program and obtain the knowledge, skills and competency
- Participate in the assessment or evaluation of and provide
feedback to other members of the faculty as a portion of RVU's
ongoing quality improvement and assessment program.
- Maintain a personal and professional development plan and
portfolio, including documentation of teaching, professional
development activities and plans, service provided to RVU and
communities, scholarly activity and research to assure personal
growth and continued competency with specialty field.
- Demonstrate the highest standard of professionalism and ethical
behavior in all aspects of personal and professional actions and
- Demonstrate and role model an ongoing ability to work
cooperatively with colleagues, supervisors and support staff.
- Demonstrate adaptability and the willingness to assist the
university and college in fulfilling its mission and vision though
teaching, academic administrative duties (course/system
coordinator), community service and/or perform special duties as
- Advance the prestige of the University through the advancement
of its mission and vision and the advancement of your personal
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive director or Provost
or his/her designee.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill in the delivery of medical
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing equity, diversity and
contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of varied curriculum templates.
- Demonstrate ability to mentor and motivate students and
- Terminal degree (DO or MD degree) with current Board
Certification in appropriate area of specialization
- Academic and/or teaching experience
- Good standing with all regulatory and governmental boards and
- Eligible for coverage by university's malpractice insurer if
Final applicant will be required to pass background check and
- Academic and teaching experience at a medical school or college
of osteopathic medicine
- 4-6 years of academic or clinical teaching experience
- Simulation experience
- Demonstrated leadership and administrative experience in
clinical, professional or educational settings
Qualified applicants will be contacted. There may be an additional
video interview for you to complete. Please watch your email
including spam and promotions folder.
Rocky Vista University, on the recommendation of the COVID-19
Response Team (CRT), implemented a mandatory vaccination policy for
all employees and students effective July 1, 2021. Appropriate
exemptions may be considered, and individual state laws may
Rocky Vista University is in full compliance with the Americans
with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard
to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make
reasonable accommodation when necessary. The following are
essential abilities and physical requirements for all positions at
- Ability to orally communicate effectively with others;
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, using the
- Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory
staffs at all levels;
- May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods
of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties;
- May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of
equipment/supplies to include, but not limited to, pens, pencils,
calculators, computer keyboards, telephone, etc.;
- May be required to transport oneself to other campus offices,
conference rooms, and on occasion, to off-campus sites to attend
meetings, conferences, workshops, seminars, etc.