The Coordinator of Student Leadership & Engagement will serve as the primary staff member working to support and enhance an 18-chapter Fraternity and Sorority Life System. The incumbent will take the lead role in developing and implementing a student leadership development program with a special emphasis on emerging student leaders. This position assists others in the department in planning and implementing new student orientation programs. Reporting to the Assistant Director of the Center for Student Leadership & Engagement (CSLE), this position is part of a dynamic team of professionals striving to fulfill CSLE's mission to prepare students for lifelong success, active engagement in a diverse world, and social responsible citizenship through co-curricular engagement and leadership development.
Some of the primary responsibilities include:
- Providing leadership in the oversight and development of the College's Fraternity & Sorority Life Program. Advise the Greek Council and provide direct support to fraternities and sororities.
- Maintaining and enhancing efforts to provide fraternities and sororities education on anti-hazing and risk management in accordance with best practices.
- Providing and further developing effective training and support for fraternities & sororities in the areas of member recruitment, retention and chapter operations in accordance with best practices.
- Serving in the lead role in the department with the planning and implementation of student leadership development and training programs and workshops for student leaders with a special emphasis on developing emerging student leaders.
- Take a primary role in developing and maintaining a comprehensive student organization advisor support and development program for all student clubs and fraternities and sororities.
- Assisting with Bronco Ready Programs (January/May/June) and Welcome Weekend (August) Orientation programs and assist in the selection, training, and supervision of Orientation Leaders for all.
- Developing and implementing an ongoing set of programs and workshops on student organization member recruitment, retention, and officer transition.
- Assisting with the usage and maintenance of the Anthology (former CampusLabs) Engage product (BroncoCONNECT.)
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in student activities, fraternity & sorority life, or orientation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to be self-motivated, and proficient at handling multiple priorities at the same time
- Master's degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years of paraprofessional experience in fraternity & sorority life.
- Prior experience with Anthology (former CampusLabs) Engage product.
- Affiliation with a regionally or nationally affiliated fraternity or sorority
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite Software.