Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time
Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed
periodically based on the student enrollment needs. The listing of
a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA” does not constitute an
assignment. The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an
academic judgment and shall be determined at Management’s sole
The Montgomery College, Rockville Campus, is currently accepting
applications for possible openings as a part-time faculty member
teaching a variety of courses for the Computer Gaming &
Simulation program. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated
teacher who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong
commitment to our students, and demonstrates the ability to
motivate and educate in an engaging manner.
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time
Faculty on a
continuous basis . Applications may be reviewed
periodically based on the student enrollment needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA”
does not constitute an assignment.
- The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic
judgment and shall be determined at Management’s sole
- During the academic year part-time faculty at Montgomery
College may teach no more than 11.5 ESH (equivalent semester hour)
per semester and no more than 23 ESH per academic year.
- D uring summer part-time faculty at Montgomery College may
teach no more than 10 ESH (equivalent semester hour) for both
- Teach one to two classes per semester in the Computer Gaming
& Simulation program.
- Teach a varied schedule of courses that may include day, night,
weekend and/or accelerated sections.
- Teach a variety of modalities, in person or online.
- Advise students on their way toward a degree.
- Complete required training, such as training in online course
delivery and Blackboard.
- Follow guidelines from department program coordinators to
ensure consistent content coverage and student experience across
multiple sections of a course and to ensure that course objectives
- Communicate in a timely manner with students and with the
program coordinator and department chair.
- Administer, grade and provide feedback in a timely manner to
monitor student mastery and progress through a course.
- Meet established deadlines to submit student mid-term and final
- Other duties as assigned by the department chair.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Master’s Degree in game development, programming or related
field or equivalent work experience.
- Experience teaching game development using Unity software at
the high school or college level.
- Successful candidates will have a demonstrated commitment to
promoting diversity, inclusion, and multicultural competence in an
educational and work environment and must be willing to contribute
to the Colleges strategic plan of inclusion.
- Faculty members are expected to have access to a personal
computer with virus protection that can connect to the internet
outside of the work location (i.e., office, classroom, college
campus)* . Montgomery College (MC) provides an MC e-mail account
and access to the learning platform, password-protected faculty
sections of the website, college listservs, and other faculty
communications tools. * If you do not have access to a personal
computer, please notify the department chair at the time of
interview. Subject to available funds, the college may be able to
provide temporary access to resources.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without a
Application Process :
- One or more years of teaching experience at the college
- One or more years of work experience in game development,
software development, programming, or animation.
- Experience making board games or teaching board game
- Familiarity with the MC gaming program and transfer
- An online portfolio showing your game development related work.
If you have an online portfolio, include the link or attach a pdf
portfolio to your cover letter.
- Click Here to apply online
- Online applications must be received by July 8, 2022
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the
time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check and degree
verification (if applicable). Must provide proof of US degree
equivalency for international degrees.
Open Until Filled