Responsible for overall field experience operations including
coordination of candidate practicum and student teaching
placements. Coordinates all contact with public schools for field
experiences, collaborates with program directors for student
teaching field assignments, and assists program directors in
maintenance of the field and student teaching activities.
Responsible for field experience and student teaching electronic
assessments and the disaggregation of such data as is required by
the School of Education and the State.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees all phases of field work including practicum and
student teaching placements including evaluations of teacher
- Facilitates a network of school districts and establishes
partnerships with school districts to secure inservice teachers
with pre-service placements.
- Develops and maintains both a teacher candidate and public
school district database.
- Apprises school districts of School and University
requirements, program contact information, and any impending State
licensure requirement changes; provides professional development as
needed for cooperating teachers based on these
- Serves as School of Education liaison to existing field sites
and develops new field opportunities.
- Coordinates field experiences for Early Childhood ( EYC ),
Elementary ( ELM ), Special Education ( SPE ) and Teaching English
Learners ( TEL ) practicum placements for Blocks 1 and 2
- Coordinates student teaching assignments: ELM, EYC, SPE,
Secondary ( SEC ) and Middle Level programs and maintains contact
with district personnel and field sites.
- Oversees all communication with field partners; creates and
distributes all electronic assessments and surveys to appropriate
school, district, and School of Education personnel and pre-service
teacher candidates; collects and disaggregates all electronic field
experience data; prepares reports and distributes the disaggregated
data reports to appropriate personnel.
- Hires and provides professional development for
- Coordinates and schedules Criminal Background Check ( CBI )
opportunities for candidates.
- Maintains and updates the information related to field
experiences and student teaching on the Blackboard pages for all
programs and for the School of Education
- Serves as the contact for field experience-related issues
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher.
- Ability to work well with other employees, students and
Pre-K-12 education personnel.
- Ability to generate partnership opportunities within the public
- Public school district experience
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Educational administrative experience preferred.
Employee is subject to indoor work, protected from weather
conditions. Work is sedentary in nature and involves exerting up to
10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force
frequently/constantly in order to lift, carry, push, pull or
otherwise move objects.
Up to 29 hours per week
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please be aware that as a continued emphasis on keeping our
community safe and healthy, we will require all faculty, staff, and
students to submit verification of full vaccination for COVID
Please provide 3 references, including name, phone number and
email. This may be included in applicant’s cover letter or optional
Elmhurst University is a leading institution of higher education
that seamlessly blends liberal learning and professional
preparation to help students reach their full potential. Elmhurst
University offers more than 70 undergraduate majors, 17 graduate
programs, degree-completion programs for busy adults, and the
acclaimed Elmhurst Learning and Success Academy for young adults
with developmental disabilities. Elmhurst University is one of the
Top 10 Colleges in the Midwest, according to U.S. News & World
Report; and U.S. News, Money and Forbes magazines consistently rank
Elmhurst as one of the Midwest’s best values in higher
Recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce is a critical
component of the University’s mission, vision and core values. Our
commitment stems from the belief that an institution of higher
learning is enriched by the presence of diversity. Elmhurst
University is an EO Employer. Elmhurst University prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal
employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard
to race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status,
disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Direct Link to this Posting