A successful candidate for the Audio-Visual/Media &
shall have the primary responsibilities
of equipment needs campus-wide as well as Network Systems Security
Strengthening. Responsible for managing and administering all Event
and Meetings A/V requirements and provisioning. This
student-centric role is responsible to deliver service excellence
support to meet the needs of our University community. Communicate
with faculty and staff and translate the institution's needs into
operational procedures and systems.
Under minimal supervision; manages the day-to-day office operations
and set up of audio/visual/media equipment as required throughout
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to coordinate, schedule, maintain, deliver, and set-up
up audio-visual/media equipment across the campus during events and
- Able to assist Faculty/Staff with the use of A-V/Media
equipment, and organize and maintain an inventory of media
equipment and supplies.
- Able to assess Network Systems Security and Systems Integration
that affect FMU Application Infrastructure.
- Have the ability to identify and report Network Systems threats
and anomalies to Network Administrators.
- Familiarization with Azure Active Directory, and Office 365
administration as it relates to core responsibilities of A/V
- The omission of specific duties does not preclude the
supervisor from assigning duties that logically relate to the
- Ability to handle information of sensitive and confidential
nature in the utmost professional manner. Demonstrate a high level
of professionalism, initiative, resourcefulness, and personal
- Maintain the privacy and confidentiality of information,
protect the assets of the institution, act ethically and with
integrity, and adhere to FMU’s Code of Conduct and policies and
- Effective analytical and decision-making skills. Excellent
communication (oral and written), organizational, and time
management skills. Effective interpersonal skills and ability to
work with diverse constituents.
- Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment
is extremely important as well as dependability.
- Manage, prioritize, and accomplish multiple tasks/projects
simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling objects of
average weight up to fifty (50) pounds or standing and/or walking
for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Note: In compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA),
those functions of the job which are identified as essential are
required to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
Requests to facilitate the performance of essential functions will
be given careful consideration.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity
- The position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
or equivalent required and/or two (2) plus years of experience
directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Higher education experience is preferred.
- 2+ years experience in Network Systems Security Assessment or
- Experience with Instructional Platform Technology preferred
- Must be knowledgeable in Cybersecurity Frameworks.
- Ability to perform complex tasks and prioritize multiple
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, and LinkedIn Learning, as well
as knowledge and understanding of the organizational structure,
workflow, and operating procedures. Familiar with Jenzabar
technology suite for higher education.
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours, ability
to maintain a flexible work schedule that may include working
nights and weekends.
- Pre-Employment screening is required: criminal background check
and drug testing.