The University at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine invites
qualified applicants for 2 part time clinical faculty positions in
the Department of Oral Diagnostic Sciences.
As a faculty member, you will have the following
• Clinical and didactic teaching at the pre- and post- DDS level
including the CODA -accredited Orofacial Pain Advanced Educational
• Research activity, patient care at the Orofacial Pain Clinic, and
• Leading facilitator in higher education in Orofacial Pain and
Interprofessional pain education
• Join a multidisciplinary team of pain clinicians in the delivery
of care for patients suffering from chronic orofacial pain and
comorbid pain conditions.
• Provide supervision and lectures in clinical courses for DDS and
post graduate students.
• Demonstrate proficiency in the diagnosis and treatment in the
field of TMD and Orofacial Pain.
• Produce scholastic activity in the field of TMD and Orofacial
Pain including but not limited to the direct supervision of
research activities with the post graduate students.
• Engage in leadership activities related to the TMD and Orofacial
Pain Advanced Educational Program.
• Experience in educational innovation, use of technology in
education, and computer skills are expected.
The University at Buffalo is SUNY’s most
comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place
to work. Here people from all
backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to
discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty
collaborate to further knowledge and understanding, and develop
tenacious graduates who are valued for
their talents and their impact on global society.
Visit our website to learn more about the University at
DDS or DMD or equivalent degree
Eligibility for New York State license
• Orofacial Pain and TMD certificate from an accredited program or
if prior to CODA accreditation, certificate from a formal, 2-year
advanced education academic program focused on TMD and orofacial
• Board certified or equivalent in the field of Orofacial Pain and
• Minimum of two-years of experience teaching post graduate
students in the field of Orofacial Pain and TMD
• Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal
• Eligibility for unrestricted New York State license
• Experience in clinical and didactic teaching of dental
• Research experience in the field of Orofacial Pain and TMD
• For individuals seeking the rank of Clinical Professor,
established experience in administration and scholastic activities
For more information, click the "How to Apply" button.