Northern Arizona University (NAU) seeks to fill a Diversity
Coordinator position in Counseling Services (CS) within Campus
Health Services (CHS). The successful candidate will be an
experienced generalist psychologist, counselor or social worker
with demonstrated multicultural competence and established
clinical, outreach and training experience serving historically
marginalized and underrepresented populations. This individual will
be responsible for strengthening outreach connections and
coordinating student support with diversity partners on campus,
including the Office of Inclusion, the Office of Indigenous Student
Success, and Student Support Services. This individual will also
provide administrative supervise to center Specialists, as well as
oversee, coordinate, and provide training in diversity and
multiculturalism to Counseling Services staff, doctoral and masters
level interns, and doctoral practicum students.
- Coordinates multicultural outreach programs, services,
training, and professional development for Counseling
- Evaluates the effectiveness of inclusive services, outreach and
training to campus partners informed by evidence-based research and
- Provides culturally adaptive counseling services in the form
- Individual, group and couples counseling
- Brief assessments
- Behavioral health consultation in our integrated primary care
- Triage/Crisis Intervention
- On-call (after hours and weekend) coverage
- Provides administrative supervision to full-time clinic
- Provides diversity consultation and clinical supervision for
Counseling Services' staff and trainees.
- Coordinates center response to socio-cultural/socio-political
events at both the local and national level as needed.
- Interacts regularly with student leaders and advocacy groups
for wellness programming.
- Participates in case consultation and psychiatric consultation
meetings, as well as Counseling Services and Campus Health Services
- Provides consultation and outreach services to the University
- Provides embedded outreach and consultation services to
- Collaborates and consults with psychiatric, medical, and other
mental health providers in Campus Health-Medical Services and in
the local community.
- Provides case management and documentation in support of
- Participates in quality improvement and relevant clinical
research projects as requested.
- Ensures record-keeping and clinical services are in regulatory
and ethical compliance and meet accreditation standards.
- Participates on departmental and university committees as
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Counseling, Psychology, or Social Work.
- 1-2 years of management or supervisory experience.
- 2-4 years of relevant experience.
- Licensed or license eligibility in the State of Arizona as a
Licensed Psychologist, Licensed Professional Counselor or Licensed
Clinical Social Worker.
- Any equivalent combination of education, experience, and/or
- Experience providing clinical services in a university
- Experience providing training and supervision in an
APA-accredited training program.
- Demonstrated innovation and creativity with outreach and
- Experience facilitating group therapy.
- Demonstrated commitment to the development of ongoing
multicultural competency in professional and clinical
- Demonstrated competency providing clinical services, outreach
and training for diverse campus populations.
- Demonstrated experience providing clinical services for the
wide range of presenting issues seen in college students, including
assessing and managing risk and the treatment of serious
Please see nau.jobs for
full job descriptions and details on how to apply
online! NAU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals
with disabilities are encouraged to apply