The Anatomy Lab Coordinator will manage the day to day operations
of the gross anatomy laboratory and will work closely with course
directors, medical and allied health faculty, and students with
dissections. This position will also assist the chair in overseeing
the operations and function of the lab related to the maintenance
and preservation of anatomical specimens and the general upkeep of
the anatomy laboratory facilities.
- Organize and maintain the gross anatomy laboratory and related
resources in consultation with course directors.
- Assist with preparing cadavers for transport, cremation, and
use in anatomy courses.
- Assist students and faculty with basic operations in the
laboratory during educational sessions and exams.
- Monitor dissection tables for drainage problems and
- Maintain inventory of dissection tools; clean/repair/replace as
- Maintain inventory of skeletal specimens and other teaching
materials; clean/repair/ replace as needed.
- Maintain inventory of expendable supplies and restock as
- Maintain first aid equipment.
- Communicate and coordinate with housekeeping, building
services, and environment health and safety for related issues as
- Monitor sharps and biohazard containers and dispose of
- Oversee maintenance and upgrades of computers, monitors, and
other electronic equipment.
- Coordinate with clinical departments and other authorized users
seeking use of the lab.
- Assist with preparing cadavers, room set-up, and breakdown for
training sessions for use in surgical training courses.
- Assures that simulators and equipment are in good working
condition prior to the start of educational sessions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Bachelor's degree in biology or associate degree in any natural
science or health services field.
- Experience working in a university setting.
- Experience in training adult learners in one-on-one or
- Previous experience with dissection of anatomical
- Intermediate level competency with general operation of
KCU is committed to promoting an equal employment opportunity
workplace. Equal opportunity is and shall be provided for all
employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their
demonstrated ability and competence without discrimination on the
basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic
information (GINA), physical or mental disability, pregnancy,
sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial
status, ancestry, military and/or veteran status, and/or any other
status protected by applicable Federal, state or local law.
Annual Security Report
KCU is committed to providing a safe campus for students, faculty,
and staff. Our annual campus security report
crimes and statistics for the campus and public areas around campus
for the last three years, in accordance with the Jeanne Clery
Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics
Thank you for your interest in a career at KCU!