To create a Posting, first complete the information on this screen,
then click the “Next” button or select the page in the left hand
navigation menu. Proceed through all sections completing all
necessary information. To submit the Posting to Human Resources,
you must go to the “Posting Summary Page” by clicking on the “Next”
button until you reach the Posting Summary Page or select Posting
Summary Page from the left navigation menu. Once a summary page
appears, hover your mouse over the orange Action button for a list
of possible approval step options.
Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach
Athletic Training & Risk Mgt
Varies, nights and weekends will be required.
Hours per Week
Months per Year
Commitment to Inclusive Excellence
Northern Kentucky University embraces inclusiveness, equity, and
global awareness in all dimensions of our work and seek excellence
through diversity among our students, administrators, faculty, and
staff. Application by members of diverse groups is
We are an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action
Purpose of Position
The Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach will assist the
Director of Sports Performance in providing for the health and
safety of student-athletes and the athletics staff. The Assistant
Strength and Conditioning Coach is responsible for maximizing a
student-athletes athletic abilities through the design and
implementation of a year-round Strength and Conditioning program
for assigned sports. The Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach
will work closely with head coaches to ensure programming aligns
with the desired outcomes.
Compliance with NCAA rules is of the utmost importance at Northern
Kentucky University. As a member of the athletics department staff
it is expected that the Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach
will have a full understanding of the NCAA rules that pertain to
the position. It is also expected that the Assistant Strength and
Conditioning Coach will comply with all NCAA rules and if he/she
becomes aware, or have reasonable cause to believe, that a
violation of a rule has occurred he/she will immediately report it
to the Director of Athletics or his/her designee.
- Design, organize, implement, supervise, and administer
Year-Round Strength & Conditioning (Speed, Agility, Quickness,
Plyometric, Flexibility, and Nutrition) Training Programs for
sports assigned to them by the Head Strength Coach.
- Current sport assignments: Women’s Volleyball, Men’s Soccer,
Women’s Soccer, Men’s Men’s Track & Field, Women’s Track &
Field, Men’s Tennis, Women’s Tennis, Men’s Golf, Women’s Golf
- Design, organize, implement, supervise, and administer
multi-faceted training protocols and modalities that are
orthopedically safe and physiologically sound for
- Monitor, inspect, and insure athletics weight room equipment
and facilities are maintained to protect the health and safety of
student-athletes, athletics and university staff, and
- Assist the Director of Sports Performance with the scheduling
all team and individual strength & conditioning training
sessions in cooperation with the head coach of each specific
- Directly work with sport coaches on team strength &
conditioning schedules, team physical and mental development
tactics, and team motivation drills.
- Maintain records for teams and individuals including but not
limited to: individual weights, body mass index, body fat, weight
- Communicate with Sports Medicine staff to review injury
reports, assist with the modification of training protocols, and
progress injured student-athletes from injured –to- full go
- Schedule individual meetings with student-athletes to establish
and review training / development goals
- Administer and evaluate performance tests
- Maintain office hours for the convenience of student-athletes
and coaching staff to allow for both team lifting and conditioning
and open hours for individuals.
- Carry out all actions with adherence and respect to the
philosophy, mission statement, and goals of Northern Kentucky
University, the Athletic Department, and NCAA .
- Maintain a working knowledge and execute all actions in
compliance with the policies and procedures set forth by the
National Collegiate Athletic Association, the Horizon League, and
Northern Kentucky University.
- Enforce all Strength & Conditioning Facility Rules and
- Aid in the nutrition education and guidance for all sports
- Develop and supervise an undergraduate student intern program
including hiring, training and mentoring throughout the
- Maintain all technology in weight room, including management of
current software used in program design, up keep of technological
hardware, and researching new or growing technological advances in
Assist in the development and enforce all Strength &
Conditioning Facility Rules and Regulations
• Work with the Director of Sports Performance to develop Community
• Oversee general nutritional education for student-athletes
· Design and implement recovery protocols for
· Work with athletic trainers on return to play protocols
• Manage summer workout for student-athletes
- Maintenance and service responsibilities of existing facility
- Participate in fund and friend raising activities for the
growth of the athletics program.
- Maintain continuing education units and current First Aid/ CPR
& AED for the professional rescuer certification.
- Maintain a current certification by a professional, accredited
strength and conditioning organization
- Suggest injury prevention and wellness programs for teams as
needed to develop a student-athlete’s overall physical health and
promote healthy living.
Bachelors Degree in Exercise Science or related field required,
Masters Degree preferred.
1 year of collegiate strength and conditioning experience
CSCS certification required; SCCC certification preferred.
Review of applications will begin immediately. To ensure
consideration submit application materials by August 23,
Any candidate offered this position is required to go through a
pre-employment criminal background check as mandated by state
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Is this an internal only posting?
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application