The mission of The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences
is the development of professional health care practitioners
through innovation, individualized, and quality classroom,
clinical, and distance education.
The Facilities Technician will provide routine maintenance and
repairs to building systems, equipment and exterior property
grounds. General understanding of HVAC, electrical, mechanical,
plumbing and life/safety systems required in performing these
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preventive maintenance and repair of building grounds,
equipment and components including HVAC, building automation
system, lighting fixtures, locks, doors, plumbing and bathroom
components, carpet, floor and ceiling tile replacement, painting
and general upkeep.
- Detects and reports defective materials or questionable
conditions to the department manager for corrective action.
- Receives, assembles and installs furnishings.
- Works collaboratively with campus staff on the schedule of
events and performs required room set-up such as moving tables,
chairs and other furniture as required.
- Assist the Department supervisor in meeting with vendors
regarding building projects.
- Occasionally make trips in personal vehicle to local businesses
to obtain materials and equipment.
- On call after hours for urgent needs.
May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may
deem necessary from time to time.
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL & PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on
performance of each essential function. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Familiar with various tools and equipment used for building
maintenance and repair.
- Problem-solving/analysis required for basic HVAC components,
electrical fixtures, plumbing and building repair.
- Ability to work independently
- Strong customer focus and ability to complete tasks timely with
undue interruption to the educational/business operation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability
to document accurate maintenance records.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
LICENSURE and/or CERTIFICATION
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Trade school or
specialized equipment/system repair credentials preferred.
- Minimum of three years of facilities experience in building
- General project management skills
- A valid state driver’s license
Local travel to area businesses. May be required to assist other
campus locations as necessary.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate
the following competencies:
Collaborates - Building partnerships and working
collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Being Resilient - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity
when facing difficult situations.
Instills Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others
through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under
Innovation - Creating new and better ways for the
organization to be successful.
Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and
delivering customer-centric solutions.
Work is performed in a combination of classroom and office
environment, plus wet lab and grounds. Frequently required to
stand; walk; use hands; climb and carry ladders and work with hand
and power tools. Must be able to lift 50lbs. Occasional travel
required to local businesses to obtain supplies and
Physical requirements of this position include the following:
Frequent walking Stooping, crawling, kneeling, climbing
Lifting and carrying 50lbs.
The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences is an equal
opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any
employee or applicant for employment because of age, race,
religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national