Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University’s Prescott, Arizona campus is
looking to hire an Assistant Director of Campus Facilities to
support the Facilities Management Team. Embry-Riddle's Prescott
Campus is respected worldwide for cutting-edge instruction and
training for tomorrow’s aviation, aerospace, security and
intelligence leaders. Prescott is a mile-high city and its climate
reflects seasonable weather excellent for flying. Daytime averages
are 80°F in the summer and 45°F in the winter. At 5,000 ft. above
sea level, it boasts a mild climate, clean air, pristine wilderness
areas, and nearby national forests. The university is a small,
private, residential university in the mountains of Arizona with
approximately 3,500 students. Staff/faculty/student interaction is
highly valued and is a central theme of our campus. It is located
100 miles north of Phoenix and 120 miles south of the Grand
The Assistant Director of Campus Facilities supports the Director
of Campus Facilities in the mission to plan, organize and direct
the maintenance, repair and alteration of campus buildings and
grounds by directing and supervising the activities of the
facilities maintenance staff including facilities trade shops,
grounds, materials management, shipping and receiving, locksmithing
and ensuring the execution of such activities are in accordance
with the department’s mission. The Assistant Director will serve as
backup for the Director when in absence.
- Develops the department’s routine, preventive and outsourced
maintenance planning and scheduling to obtain the maximum
utilization of department personnel and resources to complete the
- Ensures the quality, completeness and timeliness of all work
performed by actively managing the work orders produced by the CMMS
system and by performing daily quality control inspections.
- Acts as the interface with City and County governmental and
utility entities except where the Project Manager is better
- Manages the subcontract contracts for all outsourced operations
of the facility’s maintenance (Pest Control, Elevator Inspections,
Boiler Inspections, Gas Master Meter Inspections, Hood/Vent
- Prepares and updates the campus FCAP and ADA Plan.
- Provides for warranty tracking except where the Project Manager
is better suited.
- Establishes goals, policies and controls for areas of
responsibilities and develop, maintain and update the “Facilities
- Maintains and updates the ACC Gas Master Meter records and be
the primary inspector for all events that require inspection per
the ACC regulations except where the Project Manager is better
suited to perform inspection.
- Administers personnel systems to include: timecard review and
approval, personnel hiring, monthly safety program, other training
programs (EOT, safety and KS&A’s enhanced task training); and
annual and ad hoc job performance appraisals and corrective
- Provides management oversight for the Facilities Management
Warehouse and exterior storage areas, ensuring a clean, organized
and well run facility.
- Serves as the main “On-call” emergency contact and will
coordinate effective emergency services.
- Coordinates and execute snow removal plan during all snow and
- Other duties as assigned.
ERAU benefits include:
- Retirement Plan - ERAU offers immediate vesting and provides a
6% gift and will match up to 3.5% of employee contributions
- Two BC/BS health plans – PPO and high deductible plan with a
health savings account
- Tuition waivers for employees, spouses, and dependent
- Use of various campus services: fitness center, library, mail
room and enjoy observation flights
- Bachelor's Degree
- OSHA Certified
- Minimum of ten years work related experience
Required skills, knowledge, abilities:
- Knowledge, experience and education equivalent to 10 years
experience in the various trade crafts necessary to perform
facilities maintenance functions in an educational, governmental or
- Prior experience directing functions within a facilities
maintenance department or organization.
- Ability to schedule work, supervise and assess work
- Ability to interview, select and train qualified personnel.
Prior experience with performance management and appraisals.
- Computer experience with MS Outlook, MS Projects, MS Word and
MS Excel. Ability to learn campus CMMS system (prior experience
with a CMMS system is a plus)
- Must be able to lift heavy objects