Phlebotomy Lab Attendant - PT Flex
Internal Position Title
Biological & Hlth Sciences Div
The Lab Attendant for phlebotomy will assist faculty with the lab
portion of credit-based course in the phlebotomy programs.
- Associate degree or higher, OR certification in Phlebotomy OR
certificate with coursework in both Phlebotomy.
- Work experience in a medical office or laboratory setting.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent oral, written and organizational skills.
- Ability to use Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Three or more years of work experience in a medical office,
laboratory setting or academic healthcare program.
- Familiarity with safety procedures for the handling of
- Physical ability to lift 25 pounds, maintain program equipment,
and work standing upright with frequent walking for long periods of
Expected Start Date
Special Instructions Summary
Position will stay open until filled.
Total Hours per week
Maximum 15 hours per week
Projected work hours will be on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
Exact work hours may vary week to week based on lab needs.
Software Testing Required
Excel, MS Word
Interview Process Requirements
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has
a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad
spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with
disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V
Summary of Essential Functions
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
- Set up the laboratories for phlebotomy.
- Restock supply cabinets and dispensaries for phlebotomy
- Assist with maintaining equipment for phlebotomy
- Assist in quality assurance and safety protocols.
- Provide information related to Lakeshore health programs to
prospective students, current students, community members, alumni,
advisory board committee members, and other constituencies.
- Assist students and faculty with maintaining records for
accreditation, recruitment, retention, and completion
- Perform other related duties for the phlebotomy programs as
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have an Associate's degree or higher? OR a
certification in Phlebotomy or Medical assisting OR a certificate
with coursework in both Phlebotomy and Medical Assisting?
- * Do you have work experience in a medical office or laboratory
- * Do you have three or more years of work experience in a
medical office, laboratory setting or academic healthcare program?
- * Are you familiar with safety procedures for the handling of
- * Are you physically able to lift 25 lbs., maintain program
equipment and stand/walk for long periods of time?
- * Are you bilingual in Spanish and English?
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1