Administrative Assistant for the Provost Office
Perform a variety of duties in support of various areas within the
Office of the Provost, including but not limited to administration,
accreditation, curriculum, and academic engagement. Provides
general information and assistance for all walk-ins, incoming phone
calls and incoming mail by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Serve as receptionist for Academic Affairs by greeting visitors
to the office and providing information and materials.
2. Present a positive and supportive image of California Baptist
3. Provide secretarial and general administrative support by
preparing correspondence, reports, and memoranda.
4. Answer general questions regarding the Provost’s Office
5. Prepares outgoing mail and correspondence, including e-mail and
6. Make copies of correspondence or other printed materials.
7. Orders and maintains supplies, and arranges for equipment
8. Maintains clean and orderly facilities for supplies, utilities,
and general office organization
9. Process and distributes incoming mail for the Department.
10. Composes general correspondence in support of administrative
faculty and directors within the Office of the Provost.
11. Organizes and maintains file system, and files correspondence
and other records.
12. Maintains confidential records of keys, access codes, credit
cards and issues same.
13. Answers and screens Department’s telephone calls.
14. Coordinates and arranges meetings, prepares agendas, reserves
and prepares facilities, and records.
15. Manages Provost’s Office calendar and independently schedules
16. Manages People Admin workflow for adjunct and contracted
faculty candidates from the point of hire to allow for a smooth
transition of paperwork to Human Resources.
17. Prepare and document requisitions and department P.O.’s for the
Director of Academic Operations, forward to Accounting.
18. Provides confirmation of approval of employment for adjuncts
and teaching assistants.
19. Assists with processing and tracking study abroad
Downloads travel information for classes traveling abroad into
emergency phone for ready access for communication response
This position could be responsible for assigning work and/or giving
direction to part-time Student Workers, in order to complete office
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
Skill in the use of personal computers and related software
A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general
office methods, procedures and practices.
Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to
work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student
Strong organizational skills and detailed oriented.
Excellent telephone courtesy knowledge and experience.
Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree ( GED ); or one to
three months’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
Remove from Web
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to
discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its
purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either
State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Required Documents Optional Documents
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Reference 1
- Letter of Reference 2
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Unofficial Transcript
- Unofficial Transcript 2