Coordinates and administers a financial aid program which awards
scholarships, grants, or other forms of student financial
assistance. Coordinates related programs and services that will
meet the internship and career needs of students and employers.Job
- Resolves general and complex awards issues by utilizing
financial aid management system to analyze applications against
criteria and availability, as well as make adjustments, additions,
- Communicates with federal and state agencies, as well as
potential and existing scholarship donors regarding recipient
information, selection process, and other award criteria.
- Counsels students and parents concerning available financial
assistance opportunities and reviews unusual circumstance
- Ensures awards are appropriately disbursed and credited to
students' accounts. Resolves unusual problems and serves as liaison
between students and lenders, donors, and guarantee agencies.
- Works with deans and other college administrators and faculty
to assure that recruiting and other college goals and student needs
are being met.
- Reviews financial aid recipients' academic performance for
satisfactory progress; takes necessary action if progress is not
being met, and reviews appeals.
- Participates in career fairs, orientations, and other events as
needed to promote awareness of financial assistance available to
- Works with potential and existing employers concerning job and
internship opportunities, including arranging receptions and
seminars whereby external entities discuss employment
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelors and 3 years experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical
aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or
the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline.
Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal,
directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or
an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is
directly related to the type of work being performed. Experience:
Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related
experience. Certification/Licensing: None.