The Financial Aid Administrator is appointed by the
President/CEO of the College, and reports directly to the VP of
Enrollment Management. The appointee to this position will have a
minimum of a bachelor’s degree and two to three years of work
experience in financial aid, have good interpersonal skills and the
ability to work effectively with students, faculty, and
- Maintaining up-to-date information on all financial aid
programs for which students might qualify, attending conferences
dealing with financial aid programs, and maintaining contacts with
appropriate agency representatives.
- Publicizing financial aid available to applicants and
- Assisting students in filling out financial aid applications
and in making necessary contacts related to financial aid.
- Processes student loan applications
- Maintaining financial aid records on all financial aid
- Assuring the procurement for students of the maximum amount of
financial aid allowed by law.
- Maintaining accurate records of financial disbursements
- Complying with legal responsibilities associated with
governmental financial aid programs
- Preparing all reports required by the respective agencies
accountable for the distribution of grants and loans.
- Notifying the Bursar promptly of any received awards or of any
changes in awards.
- Performing other related duties as delegated by the VP of
This position has no supervisory
This job operates in a professional office environment. This
role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers,
phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance,
and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently
lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift
and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday
through Friday between the hours of 8 am and 7 pm, in which the
college is open. As this is an exempt position. Due to the
nature of the responsibilities you may be required to work a
flexible schedule, as necessary.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Superior interpersonal, written, and oral communication,
problem-solving, coaching, organizational, and presentation
- Ability to demonstrate competitive nature, self-direction,
motivation, and a sense of urgency to achieve goals.
- Strong and inspirational communication skills, vibrant
personality, attention to detail, and strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated evidence of sales orientation, creativity, and
- Possess an abundance of enthusiasm and maintain a positive
- Computer proficiency in MS Office and Outlook required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
More details about other duties can be found in the HFCN Employee
Handbook. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change
at any time with or without notice.
Helene Fuld College of Nursing provides equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and
prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard
to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability
status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local laws.