Summary: The adjunct instructor (clinical) is responsible for
effectively teaching students in assigned classes and /or clinical
environments. In such assignments, the instructor is a member of
the professional teaching staff, and as such is responsible for the
formulation, implementation, and evaluation of the educational
program in alignment with the Helene Fuld College of Nursing (HFCN)
Mission, Vision, Values, and Goals.
- Review and adhere to College policies and procedures.
- Use principles of Adult Education in determining teaching
strategies and learning opportunities.
- Work with lead faculty to plan, implement, and evaluate
assigned course offering to maintain quality and
- Monitor student progress closely provides advisement and
follow-up throughout the term.
- Communicate with students, staff, and faculty promptly (within
- Serve as a liaison with clinical partners.
- Serve as a role model with consistent demonstration of
professional characteristics including professional attire,
punctuality, self-awareness (regular examination strengths and
needs), effective communication (students, staff, and faculty),
& respect confidentiality.
- Demonstrate competence in the use of technology, software, and
programs (e.g. general use of a computer, Office 365, SIS-
SonisWeb/Campus Management, LMS-Blackboard/Canvas, and audiovisual
- Attend faculty meetings and scheduled faculty development
programs as requested.
- Maintain and enhance continued competence in the area of
professional expertise and responsibility.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional teaching environment with an
extension to the clinical sector for practicum experiences. This
role routinely uses standard teaching equipment such as
whiteboards, AV equipment/ projectors, computers, photocopiers, and
filing cabinets. Teaching may occur in a traditional classroom,
skills lab, simulation area, clinical unit, and or remote learning
environment including virtual classrooms, labs, and clinical
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance,
and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently
lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift
and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time FACE TO FACE position. Days and hours of
work are Monday through Saturday between the hours of 8 am and 9
pm. Hours vary by class schedule.
Required Education and Experience
- A masters’ degree in Nursing.
- At least one year of teaching experience at an accredited
associate or bachelor degree program.
- Online teaching experience is preferred.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
More details about other duties can be found in the HFCN Faculty
and Staff Handbook. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may
change at any time with or without notice.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary or Full Time Perm
Pay: $70.00 per hour
- Adjunct Faculty: 1 year (Required)
- Master's in Nursing (Required)
Hours per week:
Company's Facebook page:
- Only full-time employees eligible
The current need is for Face to Face instruction. This
role will be taking place in person and on campus. This is
not a online teaching role.