Amherst has taken a leadership role among highly selective liberal
arts colleges and universities in successfully diversifying the
racial, socio-economic, and geographic profile of its student body.
The College is similarly committed to enriching its educational
experience and its culture through the diversity of its faculty,
administration and staff.
Amherst College invites applications for the Student Services
Assistant position. The Student Services Assistant is a full-time,
year-round position, job group and level AO-3. Given Amherst's
distinction as one of the most diverse liberal arts colleges in the
country, the successful candidate will demonstrate the w ays in
which they bring value to and will work towards supporting a
broadly diverse community.
The Student Services Assistant is the first point of contact for
all interactions with the Registrar's Office. Under the supervision
of the Registrar, the Student Services Assistant is responsible for
the collection, review, processing, and tracking of all transcript
requests and enrollment verifications. In addition, the Student
Services Assistant manages the critical degree audit process,
collaborating with academic department coordinators across
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet and provide excellent service to a diverse set of
students, staff, and faculty entering the Registrar's Office.
Collaborate with diverse college staff on policy and procedure
implementation. Share responsibility for answering incoming phone
calls. Resolve registration issues, or any other inquiry requiring
registrarial support. Manage the Registrar's Office general
- Process transcript and enrollment verification requests,
resolve student registration issues. Collaborate with other
Registrar's Office staff to process forms and provide information
to staff around the college.
- Evaluate and update procedures documentation, cross-train with
other areas of the Registrar's Office functions and assist when
needed, collaborate on implementing updated processes working
towards paperless operations. Manage office supplies budget and
- Assist the Registrar's Office team with special projects,
various reports, and all major functions and activities of the
- Associate's Degree
- 2-4 years of related experience
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Access,
PowerPoint, Outlook), Google Apps, and ability to learn new
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the
ability to prioritize and follow through on tasks in a fast-paced,
deadline-oriented, and changing environment
- Exceptional attention to details
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal, problem
solving, and customer service skills
- Experience with and enthusiasm for working with diverse
- Able to take initiative, work independently and collaboratively
as a team
- Able to handle complex and confidential information with
Amherst College requires all employees to be fully vaccinated
for COVID-19 (medical and religious exemptions may
- Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred
- Experience with Colleague, Perceptive Content, and Drupal.
- 3-4 years related experience in a higher education
- Additional technical skills highly beneficial.
Amherst College is pleased to provide a comprehensive, highly
competitive benefits package that meets the needs of staff and
faculty and their families. Benefits are an important part of our
overall compensation, so it is critical that you review all of the
options to ensure it meets your total compensation requirements.
Click here for Benefits Information .
Interested candidates are asked to submit a resume and cover letter
online at https://amherst.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/Amherst_Jobs
. Please be sure to upload all requested documents prior to
clicking Submit. Applications cannot be revised once submitted.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue
until the position is filled.
To find information about job group and level (JGL) follow this