Dean College is a private, residential New England college
grounded in a culture and tradition that all students deserve the
opportunity to discover and exceed their greatest aspirations.
A personal and transformative community since 1865, Dean
tirelessly inspires our students to unimagined heights through
personalized support and integrated delivery of academic,
co-curricular and experiential learning.
Our graduates are lifelong learners who thrive in their careers,
embrace social responsibility and demonstrate leadership.
This is The Dean Difference.
Consistently recognized as a Top Regional College and a Best
Value School by U.S. News & World Report and named a College of
Distinction for four consecutive years, Dean serves approximately
1,200 full-time students and 300 part-time students and offers more
than 50 combined bachelor's and associate degree programs and
specializations, as well as a robust schedule of continuing studies
and certificate programs throughout the year.
Dean College is perfectly situated in Franklin, Massachusetts,
which is conveniently located between Boston and Providence, Rhode
Island and is accessible to Boston by commuter rail. The Dean
College/Franklin station is only a five-minute walk from campus.
Approximately 90 percent of the College's student population lives
Dean provides a supportive academic environment that thrives on
student engagement and exceptional teaching. The Dean
Difference is exemplified through each student's
commitment to their professional futures, social responsibility and
leadership. Outside of the classroom, students participate in 16
athletic teams and more than 30 on-campus groups and
Ninety-six percent of our bachelor's degree students are
employed or enrolled in graduate school within 12 months of
graduation. Alumni are hard at work in top-ranked graduate programs
and are employed by organizations such as Universal Studios, Dell
Technologies, Liberty Mutual, Kraft Sports + Entertainment, the
Boston Ballet, and more.
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for assisting with
the functions of the Human Resources Department in collaboration
with the Human Resources team and under the direction of the
Director of Human Resources. This position will have a primary
focus on the administration of all benefits programs and
- Oversee the college's benefit programs (medical, dental,
vision, life insurance, short/long term disability, and 403(b)
- Act as a resource to employees for information and/or questions
related to benefits and payroll;
- Develop and run reports in relation to benefits and
- Maintain current knowledge of state, federal, and local policy
and procedures in relation to benefits and payroll (e.g., FMLA,
- Ensure eligible employees are educated on benefit opportunities
and enroll those interested in benefits accordingly;
- General data entry and administration of HRIS (Ellucian
- Maintain the Human Resources webpage with current documents and
processes, in relation to benefits and payroll (Sharepoint);
- Management of human resources related projects as
- Keep employee records up to date and maintain an organized and
efficient employee record keeping system;
- Serve as an initial point of contact for the Human Resources
- Participate in the planning and implementation of events driven
by the Human Resources Department (e.g., Holiday Party, Service
Awards, Welcome Back Gatherings, NSO After Parties, End of Year
- Responsible for maintaining the Human Resources Departmental
- Collaborate with Human Resources team handling general
administrative responsibilities to ensure efficient daily
functioning of the department;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Sitting at a desk and working at a computer for extended
periods of time;
- Lifting of up to 15 pounds at a time.
- Monday through Friday 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM;
- Some weekends and evenings.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Management or a related
- Human Resources Certification (SHRM-CP, PHR, etc.),
- Two or more years of benefits and payroll experience,
- Experience working in Higher Education, preferred;
- Experience with Ellucian Colleague or other HRIS,
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, required;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain
professional and confidentiality, required;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, etc.), required;
- COVID-19 Vaccination, required.
Dean College is an equal-opportunity, Title IX institution and
pledges to recruit, select and promote diversity by providing
equality of opportunity in higher education for all persons,
including faculty and staff with respect to hiring, continuation,
promotion, and applicants for admission, enrolled students and
graduates without discrimination or segregation.
The College is interested in candidates who have the
communication skills and cross-cultural abilities to maximize their
effectiveness with diverse groups of colleagues, students, faculty,
and community members. All employment decisions are made on a
non-discriminatory basis. Dean College prohibits discrimination and
harassment based on sex, race, color, age, national origin,
religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual
orientation, gender identity and gender expression, citizenship,
pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, work-related
injury or any other status protected by applicable national,
federal, state or local law. This nondiscrimination policy covers
admissions, employment, and access to and treatment in College
programs, services, and activities. A pre-employment background
screen is required for all employees.
The Assistant Dean of Students, located on the second floor of
the Campus Center, telephone 508-541-1841, coordinates the
college's compliance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of
The Director of Human Resources on the first floor of Dean Hall,
telephone, 508-541-1681 coordinates the college's compliance with
titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the
Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act and
amendments, and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act.
The Dean College Athletics Department is a Division III member
of the NCAA and competes as a member of the Great Northeast
Athletic Conference (GNAC), Eastern Collegiate Football Conference
(ECFC), and complies with all NCAA Division III Rules and
Please submit your Resume/CV, Cover Letter, all unofficial
transcripts; and contact information of three references. (PLEASE
NOTE: Applications that are incomplete will not be considered).
Note: After submitting your resume/CV, the subsequent page gives
you instructions that enable you to upload your Cover Letter and
any additional documents.
See the FAQ for using our online system.
Please contact us if you need assistance applying
through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your Dean College
Careers Account to check your completed application or upload