The admissions specialist/data entry clerk is responsible for
processing prospective student information from inquiry through
application completion in the CRM (Liaison EMP) and SIS
Essential functions will include:
- Responsible for day to day admission application
- Input and update information for prospective students into CRM,
SIS, and supporting software systems.
- Track, research, and coordinate supporting application
materials from various sources, including Parchment, National
Student Clearinghouse, etc.
- Communicate with admissions counselors/enrollment managers
throughout the admissions process regarding missing application
materials and other application-related topics.
- Communicate with team members to ensure that all applications
are reviewed and decisions are rendered within the timeframes
communicated to applicants.
- Manage a departmental specific email inbox including responding
to messages and referring program-specific academic and admissions
questions to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Communicate potential systems issues to the Director and assist
with troubleshooting issues.
- Proactively contribute toward streamlining application
workflows and automating current and future processes with special
focus on the application review process.
- Reinforce policies and procedures to maintain consistency of
admission processes and collaborate with the team to recommend,
test, evaluate system modifications and upgrades to improve
operations processes and ensure data integrity and security.
- Collaborate with various student affairs departments (Financial
Aid, Registrars Office and Business Office) to assist with student
matriculation and maintain compliance of established policies and
All applicants must submit:
- Knowledge: Associates degree or an equivalent
combination of education and experience from which comparable
knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
- Experience: Minimum one year of work experience in a
fast-paced office environment that required database proficiency
and advanced computer software skills such as MS Excel, Access,
PowerPoint, Word and business email.
- Skills/Aptitude: Must be extremely accurate and detail
oriented; must be able to learn the university's computer software
systems. Must be able to understand and work within legal
guidelines governing release of confidential information. Good
writing and speaking skills required. An ability to organize and
prioritize work effectively with other members of the team and the
college community is a must. Must have a quality service
orientation and be able to work independently as well as part of a
- Working Conditions: Normal office environment. PC, copy
machine, and scanner. Large amount of work on computer. Required to
work some evenings and selected Saturdays.
- Cover letter
- Salary requirements
- Contact information for 3 professional references
Notre Dame of Maryland University does not discriminate in offering
equal access to its educational programs and activities or with
respect to employment terms and conditions on the basis of age,
ancestry, color, creed, disability, gender, gender identity,
genetic information, marital status, national origin, race,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, or protected veteran's status.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries
regarding the non-discrimination policy: Greg FitzGerald, Chief of
Staff, Notre Dame of Maryland University, 4701 North Charles
Street, Baltimore, MD 21210, 410-532-5109.
For all other employment inquiries, please contact Human Resources
at 410-532-5898 or email@example.com. Notre Dame of Maryland
University is an EEO/AA employer.