At Unity, sustainability isn’t a buzzword. It’s the foundation of
our entire approach and has been for more than 50 years.
We apply sustainability principles to everything we do, from our
properties around the State of Maine, to our online degrees offered
to students everywhere, to our enrichment experiences and
entrepreneurial endeavors at locations from northern Maine to
Arizona to Brazil.
Engage with Unity College and you’ll start to ask tough questions,
challenge the status quo, and envision new possibilities. If taking
the lead in creating a more sustainable future sounds like the
future you want, we can make it happen.
The Associate Registrar is responsible for providing direct
assistance and recommendations in operational functions to the
Registrar. This position leads special projects within the
Registrar’s office and represents the office on interdepartmental
projects. The Associate Registrar serves as Registrar in their
absence and extends assistance to Sustainable Education Business
Unit (SEBU)-dedicated staff and to directors of other departments
POSITION SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS
- Design and execute projects to accomplish annual goals of the
- Collaborate on established cross-functional projects with
members of other units.
- Improve student record systems and increase automation in
conjunction with other units.
- Participate in development, implementation, and maintenance of
policies and business practices.
- Offer training in Registrar-related processes, policies, and
software to frontline staff in other units and within the
- Act as a first-level point of escalation for SEBU-dedicated
Registrar staff members.
- Provide new academic SEBUs with student records functionality
until such time that the SEBU can support its own Assistant
- Partner with IT to troubleshoot simple issues relating to CAMS,
grade submission, or the faculty and student portals.
- Represent the Registrar’s office at various meetings and task
- Coordinate graduation processes such as application tracking,
degree completion review, data distribution to other units, and the
conferral of degrees.
- Maintain integrity of all matriculated student records and
confidential academic records.
- Ensure compliance to state, federal, and College regulations,
such as FERPA.
- Achieve annually determined performance goals.
- Support institutional reporting efforts as needed.
- Pro-actively communicate challenges, successes, and failures
- Other duties as assigned.
UNITY COLLEGE INSTITUTIONAL RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Demonstrates commitment to Unity College’s core values and
serves as a role model for the College’s standards of conduct.
- Contributes to the College’s commitment to sustainability and
contributes to the College’s commitment to support a diverse and
inclusive working and learning environment.
- Follows safety and infection control policies while assisting
with their enforcement.
- Assumes responsibility to maintain and upgrade professional
knowledge and skills with regulations, industry trends, current
practices, new developments, and applicable laws. In addition to
actively participating in Unity College Professional Development
days and Unity College required annual trainings.
- Demonstrates a high degree of commitment to customer service
and student success.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To be successful in this position you must be able to execute
each of the position specific responsibilities while meeting the
Additionally, the position specific education, skills and
competencies listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability needed. Reasonable accommodations may be made
upon approval by the supervisor and Director of Human Resources, to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
POSITION SPECIFIC EDUCATION, SKILLS AND COMPENTCIES:
- Bachelor's degree and 3-5 years related experience in a
registrar's office and/or training, or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- At least one year of project management experience.
- Must have extensive knowledge of student record systems with
the ability to define all required operational data fields and
required processes for a registrar's office.
- Familiarity with academic regulations and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively and present information and
respond to questions from faculty, staff, students, parents, and
the general public.
- Ability to perform duties in a pleasant, discreet, and
- Proficiency in the use of required technologies, including
proficiency with Excel reports and pivot tables.
- Must have attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing
materials and use good spelling and grammar. Must have excellent
written communication skills.
- Ability to function effectively within a matrix organizational
structure, maintaining open lines of communication while being
discreet, courteous and well poised.