To create a Posting, first complete the information on this screen,
then click the “Next” button or select the page in the left hand
navigation menu. Proceed through all sections completing all
necessary information. To submit the Posting to Human Resources,
you must go to the “Posting Summary Page” by clicking on the “Next”
button until you reach the Posting Summary Page or select Posting
Summary Page from the left navigation menu. Once a summary page
appears, hover your mouse over the orange Action button for a list
of possible approval step options.
Administrative Assistant to the Board of Regents
8:15 am – 4:30 pm; Monday – Friday
Hours per Week
Months per Year
Commitment to Inclusive Excellence
Northern Kentucky University is an Equal Opportunity/Equal
Access/Affirmative Action institution. We embrace inclusiveness,
equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of our work and seek
excellence through diversity among our students, administrators,
faculty, and staff. Application by members of diverse groups is
Purpose of Position
Responsible for providing administrative, organizational and
project management support to Strategic Planning and Implementation
division and Project Teams working on University wide strategic
priorities and related projects.
Serves as a lead project coordinator and liaison for projects and
strategic initiatives, including projects and programs originating
from the office of the Strategic Planning and Implementation.
Responsible for providing timely communications, collaborating with
Marketing and Communications for communications related to Success
by Design ( SBD ), assisting with institution wide projects,
organizing and facilitating meetings with key campus stakeholders
for SBD, providing qualitative data collections and stakeholder
- Maintains the official records of the Board of Regents.
- Prepares the annual master schedule for Board, working closely
with internal and external constituencies.
- Prepares Board meeting agendas, advance materials, and scripts
for Board Chair and other Regents. Handles logistics for meetings
including scheduling of room(s), audio/ computer media setup,
security detail, and other special arrangements.
- Coordinate and attend all committee and board meetings,
recording all board actions and taking notes for preparation of
official meeting records. Ensure flow and procedures of meetings
and facilitate logistical support to the Regents before, during,
and after meetings. Assist the Chair during public comment and
official board action. Provide support to Vice President and Chief
Strategy officer, on-site staff and senior leadership.
- Records and transcribes all closed/executive session minutes
- Responds to inquiries and provides information to Regents on
state and local requirements affecting Board members (e.g. ethics
training, filing of annual economic interest statements,
- Works with the Office of Information Technology to coordinate
the provision of computer and technical support and resources to
- Prepare official meeting records, manage public notices and
agenda postings to be in compliance with the Kentucky Open Meetings
Laws, and maintain and organize board reports and records archived
on official Board of Regents website for public access.
- Collaborate with NKU departments, president, and senior
leadership to produce board reports and accompanying materials to
prepare bimonthly board packet. Coordinate monthly board meeting
cycle, including the scheduling of dry runs of presentations, and
setting and managing board office deadlines.
- Maintains Board Office resource library with relevant
governance materials including but not limited to copies of state
statutes and regulations, Board of Regents Policies and Procedures
and Bylaws, NKU’s Academic Policy and Procedures Manual, and the
Student Policy Manual.
- Maintains standards of excellence in maintaining official Board
of Regents documents, historical records, meeting minutes, and
other official documents.
- Coordinates the submission of registration documents for
Regents to attend conferences, institutes, and seminars, and makes
hotel and travel arrangements.
- Assists Vice President and Chief Strategy officer in the
onboarding of student board member each year, as well as the
orientation and onboarding of newly appointed Regents.
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or
four years of work experience as an Executive Assistant or a
comparable role, reporting to a high-level executive within an
- Experience working with a Board in an executive assistant
role highly desirable
- Prior work experience in the public sector or a non-profit or
college environment desirable
- Must be highly computer proficient with knowledge of a variety
of software programs, including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word,
PowerPoint) and SharePoint
- Knowledge of English grammar, punctuation, spelling and
- Exceptional writing, proofreading and editing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized with excellent scheduling skills
- Project management skills desirable
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work within a culturally diverse environment
- Exercise tact and diplomacy in handling sensitive
- Work with a high degree of professionalism
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Is this an internal only posting?
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Names and contact information of 3 professional references