Fairfield University is a co-educational, comprehensive Jesuit
university with a 200-acre campus located along the scenic
shoreline community of Fairfield, CT. The University is comprised
of approximately 3,500 undergraduate and 1,200 graduate students
pursuing degrees within 5 schools: The College of Arts and
Sciences, The Charles F. Dolan School of Business, The School of
Engineering, The Marion Peckham Egan School of Nursing and Health
Studies, and School of Education and Human Development. As an
expression of our Jesuit, Catholic mission and identity, Fairfield
embraces a liberal humanistic approach to education, encouraging
critical thinking, cultivating free and open inquiry, and fostering
ethical and religious values.
The Assistant Registrar will contribute to the Office of the
University Registrar by managing student record information to
ensure the security and integrity of academic records. The
Assistant Registrar is responsible for providing data and analysis
concerning educational policy, curriculum, academic performance and
degree completion for all students to internal and external
stakeholders. The Assistant Registrar is the contact person for all
Clearinghouse and Veterans inquiries and information. The Assistant
Registrar will maintain the ERP system setup along with
contributing to the services and mission of the Office of the
University Registrar and the University as a whole. The Assistant
Registrar will work under the supervision of the Senior Associate
Position reports to
: Senior Associate Registrar
Reports to this position:
Other Internal Contacts:
Students; Deans; Academic
Department Chairs; Faculty; Directors; Director of Financial Aid;
Bursar, Director of Academic Services;
Vendors, State and Federal
Agencies; Regional and National Associations; Parents
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Maintain the records and systems related to student enrollment
with discretion and accuracy in accordance with internal policies
and external regulation.
- Implementation and enforcement of academic policies, including
frequent collaboration with other departments.
- Provide faculty/student support for scheduling, online
registration, final grade entry, and degree audit among other
processes. Maintain update training documentation.
- Configure and update ERP system registration periods and terms
and other items associated with registration and record
- Maintain and communicate scheduling, advising and registration
information/deadlines to faculty, staff and students.
- Communicate all updates and changes to ERP system to Bursar and
- Develop workflows for office processes working with
stakeholders to streamline current paper processes and develop ERP
web links in conjunction with ITS.
- Responsible for the National Student Clearinghouse reporting
- Assist the Director of Academic Scheduling with the
CLSS/EMS/Banner academic scheduling process and provide support
- Provide backup support on routine office tasks, such as running
transcripts, registration issues addressing student/faculty/staff
- Responsible for Veterans’ reporting in VA Once and Army Ignite.
Collaborate with Financial Aid and Bursar on the reporting of these
Veteran students. Maintain Veteran Records and is main liaison with
the Veteran’s Administration for audits, etc.
- Responsible for and works with the other Assistant Registrar’s
to audit all undergraduate applicants for degree. Communicate with
the Deans’ Offices regarding their students that are lacking
requirements and communicate with students regarding their status
- Confer degrees on all successful undergraduate candidates for
- Produce diplomas utilizing in-house Diplomas on Demand
- Responsible for reviewing all undergraduate names for
commencement booklet and assisting the Senior Associate Registrar
with the final copy approvals.
- Promote teamwork, collaboration, and resource sharing across
the Office of the University Registrar and other Enrollment
- Supports the Senior Associate Registrar and Registrar with
office operations while exercising sound judgment, diplomacy, and
confidentiality when interacting with students, parents, faculty,
staff, and external constituencies
- Assist with determining needs of students with regard to the
enrollment process from time of admission through graduation;
provide feedback to University Registrar to improve
- Produce and distribute Argos reports for faculty/staff.
- Perform related duties as necessary and assigned.
- Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. The ability to
work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in the
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare
- Troubleshoot technical issues with faculty and staff for a
variety of student-related systems; when necessary, coordinate with
campus partners and third party vendors
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart
- Knowledge of the rules, regulations, and laws regarding student
records; scheduling and curriculum policies.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing
- Knowledge of on-line degree audit and reporting systems
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and
- Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines, procedures
- Knowledge of computerized student information systems,
particularly Ellucian Banner..
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and
judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred. At least 5
years relevant records administration experience.
The successful candidate will have proven experience in a complex,
service-oriented setting demonstrating an ability to multi-task,
work under pressure, prioritize and meet deadlines. This
opportunity will appeal to an analytical, organized professional
with a history of demonstrating excellent customer service skills.
Experience with ERP systems, particularly Banner, and reporting
tools are highly desirable.
This position is based at Fairfield University’s Fairfield, CT
Duties may be changed and/or be added at any time.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been
designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed
by employees within this classification. It is not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees
assigned to this job.
Academic - Admin
All offers of employment are contingent upon a satisfactory
Fairfield University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer, committed to excellence through diversity, and, in this
spirit, particularly welcomes applications from women, persons of
color, Veterans, and members of historically underrepresented
groups. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to
all qualified individuals with a disability.
Load a resume or CV first, then upload supporting documents
including a cover letter at the bottom of the third page under the
"My Experience" section where it says to upload a Resume/CV.
You will be able to upload up to 5 other documents in this section.
You will be unable to edit your application, so please have all
documents available before applying. Faculty Positions : If
you need to upload more than 5 documents, please either combine
them to upload or email the additional documents to the applicable
contact in the job description. Staff positions : If you
need to upload more than 5 documents, please either combine them to
upload or email them to email@example.com