Program Manager, Industrial
The starting salary range is $54,101 - $62,211 based
on the Lee College Administrative Salary Scale, C43. Starting
salary is commensurate with education and related work
Workforce & Community Development
Job Summary/Basic Function:
The Program Manager will coordinate the delivery, maintenance and
marketing of non-credit, competency-based training and other
educational opportunities for adults entering or currently employed
in the industrial occupations including in the fields of analyzers,
electrical, instrumentation, machinist, millwright, pipefitting,
process operations, welding, and workplace safety. Responsible for
operational aspects of open enrollment, grant-funded and contract
training programs and courses, monitoring and scheduling classes,
maintaining credentialing documents, securing classroom locations,
equipment, textbooks, confirming enrollment and revenue statistics,
and marketing of programs and courses.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Program management & maintenance of all Industrial related
- Coordinate instructional programs and internship opportunities
in compliance with accrediting agency guidelines; in accordance
with college policies, procedures, and goals; in response to
occupational demand; and when appropriate, in alignment with
professional continuing education requirements.
- Coordinate schedule creation and course delivery activities in
accordance with program need and in compliance with established
policies and procedures
- Maintain CEU course and instructor files as required by THECB,
SACS, and applicable credentialing agencies.
- Recruit, screen, hire, supervise, and evaluate
- Develop projections and track course/program budgets, ensure
expenditures are in compliance with the Center's policies, and
ensure activities conducted remain within the approved operating
- Provide continuing quality improvement through assessments of
instruction and curriculum, by staying abreast of major trends, and
by tracking and evaluating the impact of courses and programs.
- Collaborate with other administrators to prepare
- Promote courses and programs to increase enrollment and
community awareness in accordance with Lee College's and the
Center's marketing plan.
- Maintain contracts with third-party providers and testing
- Develop and maintain relationships with industry professionals,
community leaders, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Prepare and analyze customer relations data to track program
status and produce sales management reports.
- Assist with the development and implementation of department
procedures, goals, strategic planning, and marketing
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not
- Represent the Center at college and community events.
- Advise students with program questions and concerns.
- Resolve student and faculty issues.
- Plan and coordinate special events/workshops.
- Assist with registration and answering phones as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a
security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender,
disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran
- Associate’s (or higher) degree in an industrial study with four
(4) years of management experience; OR a Bachelor’s (or higher)
degree in applied, business, or a related field
- Two (2) years of experience with delivering, developing, or
managing work-based learning activities in a public or private
- Experience in supervision or leading teams
- Experience with business development activities
- Knowledge of industrial communities Lee College serves
- Detail oriented with a strong ability to multitask and meet
- Demonstrated proficiency with project coordination and/or
- Manage, organize, and communicate information of varying
- Able to work individually with limited supervision and
collaboratively with diverse populations/groups/teams
- Demonstrated ability to manage, organize and communicate
information of varying technical complexity
- Knowledge of college systems and operations
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, both
written and oral
- Demonstrated knowledge of business management basics
- Exceptional computer skills, including experience with
Microsoft Office Suite
- Able to efficiently navigate and effectively use the internet
for research and other forms of communication
- Some travel required. Travel is typically confined to the Lee
College service area; however professional development may require
participation in conferences or similar activities at locations
throughout the state of Texas.
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as needed
Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following
documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts
for all completed course work
. (Official transcripts
required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3)
professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of
the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/7052
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer,
which encourages applications from qualified females, minority
groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee
College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of
all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any
employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability,
race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in
areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion,
demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms
of compensation or benefits.