About Salve Regina University:
Salve Regina University competes as a Division III member of the
National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), The Commonwealth
Coast Conference (CCC), the New England Football Conference (NEFC)
and The Eastern Collegiate Athletic Conference (ECAC). The
University sponsors 19 intercollegiate sports for men and women in
addition to club and intramural teams, and a variety of
recreational opportunities. SRU Student-Athletes distinguish
themselves in the classroom as well as on the field with more than
35% attaining a GPA of 3.4 or higher.
To assist the Head Coach, Men's Basketball in all aspects of the
Basketball Program to include recruiting, scouting, and coaching
members of the team in practice and game situations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary duty is teaching, coaching, and mentoring
student-athletes under Head Coach direction.
- Assist the Head Coach in the recruiting process as
- Coaching responsibilities in practice and match situations as
determined by the Head Coach.
- Administrative duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Must adhere to all NCAA/CCC/Salve Regina University rules and
- In particular, all coaches and athletics personnel are charged
with being knowledgeable of, and assuring and monitoring compliance
by all student- athletes, staff and assistant coaches with
applicable governing constitutions, by-laws, rules, policies,
interpretations and regulations of the NCAA, the University and the
Commonwealth Coast Conference. Staff members shall immediately
advise the Compliance Office if there is reason to believe that
violations have occurred or will occur and shall cooperate fully in
any investigation of possible NCAA or Conference violations.
Perform other duties as assigned by the Head Coach or the Director
- Have earned a bachelor's degree and a master's degree is
- One to three years of successful collegiate coaching experience
- A strong foundation of the rules of basketball as a player or
coach and a full appreciation and understanding of NCAA rules and
regulations is preferred.
- Ability to work effectively in the environment of an
academically demanding institution and abide by all NCAA Division
III, Commonwealth Coast Conference and institutional policies.
- Knowledge and experience with, or ability to learn, technology
applications (i.e.: film breakdown, exchange) applicable to the
- Maintain a valid Chauffeur's driver's license and safe driving
record in accordance with all institutional policies.
- Must possess current CPR/First Aid certification.
Salve Regina University strives to provide equal opportunity in
employment and education to all employees, students and applicants.
No employee, student or applicant shall be discriminated against or
harassed on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion,
disability, age, marital or parental status, military or veteran
status, genetic information or any other basis protected by
applicable federal or state law, in the administration of Salve
Regina's employment policies, education policies, admission
policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other
University administered programs. In accordance with Title IX, it
does not discriminate on the basis of sex in any of its educational
programs or activities. Salve Regina is also committed to making
its programs and campus accessible to its visitors and compliant
with all applicable non-discrimination laws.
Applicants must apply online for any open staff and faculty
positions by providing a cover-letter and resume. Pre-employment
background checks and reference checks are required of successful
candidates. Salve Regina University participates in E-verify.