Howard Community College (HCC) is an exciting place to work,
learn, and grow! HCC has been awarded the distinction as a "Great
College to Work for" since 2009 from The Chronicle of Higher
Howard Community College values diversity among its faculty,
staff and student population. We are an innovative institution that
is committed to responding to the ever-changing needs and interests
of a diverse and dynamic community. No matter where you want to go
in your career, you can get there from here!
Howard Community College is hiring a Director of Apprenticeship
and Workforce Innovation to lead the Continuing Education &
Workforce Developments efforts and serve as the leader for
apprenticeship programs and a variety of other licensure,
certification, workforce development, or continuing education
programs in a variety of occupations. Responsible for strategic
planning, budget development, and project management of all aspects
of these programs in alignment with division and college
priorities. Responsible for the development, implementation and
management of non-credit, credit, contract and grant courses in the
program areas in order to generate revenue and FTE and contribute
to financial sustainability of the program area. Supervise
instructional, administrative, and support staff in this program
- Expand generation of FTE, revenue, and enrollments for the
college through open enrollment, contract, and grant courses.
- Assess opportunities for and delegates coordination and
implementation of apprenticeships, pre-licensure, licensure or
certification courses, regional and state-wide conferences.
- Plan, design, develop, and administer variety of programs
leading to occupations.
- Manage relationships with licensing/certification agencies to
assure compliance, obtain approval, and oversee documentation for
apprenticeship and workforce development programs requiring
approval from external credentialing or governing bodies.
- Investigate new markets for delivering training that will
increase revenue and production of FTE.
- Conduct research to keep abreast of training and educational
trends in area of responsibility.
- Provide overall supervision for administrative and technical
staffing of the program area .
- Act as liaison with the academic college community in parallel
areas to actively pursue cooperative efforts and pathway
- Manage multiple budgets, determine profit margins, and monitor
expenses and revenue as well as forecast annual net or loss for
self-supporting and grant cost centers.
- Manage a network of relationships with relevant employers,
community groups, professional and business organizations, and
local and federal government or oversight agencies to facilitate
program development and implementation.
- Work as a team leader to initiate and facilitate continuous
program improvement in area of responsibility.
- Prepare statistical documents and other reports for the
college, local and state agencies in a timely manner following
established guidelines and procedures.
- Serve as a main point of contact for internal and external
apprenticeship initiatives and questions.
- Oversee the marketing objectives and tactics for programs in
area of responsibility.
- Oversee program coordination, including:
- Assisting students in making appropriate course selections for
professional and personal development.
- Scheduling and locating on-campus and off-site facilities,
equipment, materials, books, instructors for courses.
- Evaluating the viability of programs using metrics and feedback
from instructors, students, and company or community
- Recruiting, interviewing, selecting, training, evaluating, and
- Writing CC10s s for MHEC approval.
- Plan and write objectives and status reports annually.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor's required in field appropriate to job
responsibilities. Master's Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a higher education or
related workforce industry with supervisory responsibilities.
- Experience in developing and overseeing budgets and generating
- Demonstrated organizational, administrative, tactical,
analytical and project management skills, including the ability to
manage multiple priorities.
- Working knowledge of apprenticeship program models
- Proven track record of grant writing, financial and
programmatic compliance monitoring and reporting preferred.
- Regular attendance is a requirement of this job.
- Exemplary customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
and experience required.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Perform all duties while considering the impact of any actions
on the college's sustainability initiatives in the areas of
environmental stewardship, social responsibility, and economic
- Supervise apprenticeship and licensure and certification
program area full and part time staff. Work with minimal
Hours Per Week: 37.5
Work Schedule: 8:30am-5:00pm
Compensation: Minimum $69,084 plus excellent medical & dental,
tuition reimbursement and paid leave
FLSA Status: Exempt
Open Until Filled
Best Consideration: August 27, 2021
*Pre-employment criminal background investigation is a condition
Howard Community College (HCC) is an Equal Employment
Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer & values
diversity within its faculty, staff & student population. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information,
disability or protected veteran status.
HCC understands that persons with specific disabilities may need
assistance with the job application process and/or with the
interview process. For confidential assistance with the job
application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources