Assistant Director of Community Life
The Assistant Director of Community Life assists in the
development, management, and oversight of Community Life programs
and services that reflect the Christian values of California
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Assist in the planning and implementation of campus activities
including on- and off-campus events and traditional University
2. Assist in the planning and implementation of new student
3. Provide overall management of University approved clubs.
4. Assist in the overall management of commuter student programs
5. Monitor and evaluate operational effectiveness and effect
changes required for improvement.
6. Assist with the establishment and implementation of short- and
long-range organizational goals, objectives, policies, and
7. Recruit, employ, train, supervise, and evaluate Community Life
staff, graduate assistants, and student workers.
8. Assist with development and facilitation of student leadership
9. Maintain inventories of relevant material and equipment,
identify and assess inventory requirements, and make
recommendations of appropriate purchases.
10. Assist in the development and management of appropriate
11. Recommend and participate in the development of appropriate
University policies and procedures.
12. Maintain scheduled office hours, with the requirement of a
flexible schedule of availability at night and on weekends.
Directly supervises employees. Carries out supervisory
responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and
applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing and training
employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising
performance; disciplining employees; addressing complaints and
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
§ Ability to communicate a growing and dynamic Christian faith,
which is naturally communicated through words and actions.
§ Ability to set direction and relate to others with a sense of
§ Ability to be empathetic to the needs of a culturally diverse
§ Ability to communicate a sense of mission and commitment to the
personal development of college students.
§ Skill in the use of personal computers and related software
§ Ability to make administrative, and procedural decisions and
judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
§ A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general
office methods, procedures and practices.
§ Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
§ Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of
§ Ability to use independent judgment, and to manage and impart
§ Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to
work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student
§ Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
§ Ability to coordinate and organize meetings and/or special
§ Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and
§ Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or three to
five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
Remove from Web
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to
discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its
purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either
State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Required Documents Optional Documents
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Reference 1
- Letter of Reference 2
- Other Document
- Other Document 2