Job Posting Title
Senior Information Technology Business/Technical Analyst
Los Rios Community College District (District Office)
The Los Rios Community College District is the second-largest,
two-year public college district in California, serving
approximately 75,000 students in the greater Sacramento region. The
district’s 2,400 square mile service area includes Sacramento and
El Dorado counties and parts of Yolo, Placer, and Solano counties
and is comprised of four uniquely diverse colleges – American
River, Cosumnes River, Folsom Lake, and Sacramento City colleges.
In addition to each college’s main campus, the district offers
educational centers in Placerville, Davis, West Sacramento, Elk
Grove, Natomas, and Rancho Cordova.
The Los Rios district office is centrally located in the heart of
the Sacramento valley. The growing Capital Region has strong
communities and emergent arts and dining scenes, and is nearby some
of the most celebrated tourist destinations in the country – Lake
Tahoe, Napa Valley, and San Francisco. The Sacramento area is a
great place to live and work!
The district has approximately 6,000 employees throughout our four
colleges and district office complex. The District office is
centrally located between all four colleges and provides welcoming,
inclusive, and equitable environments for Los Rios students,
employees, and our community partners. Our departments strive for
the highest quality in all programs, services, and activities, and
are focused on advancing the learning of our diverse student
population through improved academic and social outcomes.
Our Colleges offer equity-minded, academically rigorous, student
success centered education. Our objective is to help our students
successfully achieve their academic goals, whether they want to
transfer to a four-year college or university, earn an associates
degree, or obtain one of more than 100 certificates in high demand
The Senior Information Technology Business/Technical Analyst is the
lead position in this class and is a senior Business and/or
Technical Analyst who performs the most complex activities within
the scope of the Information Technology organization. Incumbent
typically specializes in several overlapping technical areas and/or
has broad overlapping architectural responsibilities, and may lead
multiple projects while also administering several production
system components. The Senior Information Technology
Business/Technical Analyst provides leadership for the coordination
and development of technical documentation for existing, delivered,
and/or new system applications across functional domains and across
multiple technical platforms. The Senior Information Technology
Business/Technical Analyst operates with minimal oversight. For a
detailed job description for this Los Rios Classified Employees
Association (White Collar) posting click
Under the direction of the Director of Service Delivery, the Senior
Information Technology Business/Technical Analyst performs
activities and tasks related to operations, project management,
portfolio management, and business analysis to facilitate the
achievement of desired outcomes through successful delivery of
LRCCD projects and initiatives. This includes activities to mature
and support the LRCCD in its adoption of practices, processes, and
tools related to project management, portfolio management, system
development, agile (software) development, and governance.
The Senior Information Technology Business/Technical Analyst will
provide project management services for all aspects of the project
including, but not limited to, the areas of Integration, Scope,
Time, Cost, Quality, Resource, Quality, Communications, Business
Process Reengineering, Organizational Change Management, Risk,
Procurement, Change Control, and Project Closeout. Project
management duties will facilitate the necessary scoping, planning,
coordination, direction, governance, and project management best
practices necessary for successful project implementation. In
addition, the Senior Information Technology Business/Technical
Analyst will provide portfolio management services for the
enterprise and will track, monitor, and report on active and
proposed projects from business customers and internal to the
Information Technology organization.
Los Rios Community College District offers competitive salaries and
a very comprehensive employee benefits package to include medical
insurance, CalPERS retirement, and opportunities for additional
insurance and financial investments.
Full-time, twelve-month employees receive 17 days of annual paid
holidays, 15 days’ vacation yearly (with increases after 5 & 10
years), and 8 hours of sick leave per month. Los Rios also offers
extensive professional development opportunities with the district
and financial support and/or paid time off to complete external
academic studies. You are eligible for the aforementioned benefits
as a regular employee with a permanent assignment of 0.50 FTE or
greater. To calculate this position’s FTE, take the number of hours
per week divided by 40, to get the percentage of hours worked. Then
take the number of months worked divided by 12, to get the
percentage of work year. Then take the percentage of hours worked
divided by the percentage of months worked to get the position’s
FTE (e.g., a position that is 30 hours per week with a work year of
12 months: 30/40 = 0.75; 12/12 = 1; 0.75/1 = 0.75 FTE ). For the
full LRCEA contract agreement, details
In addition to the typical duties of Information Technology
Business/Technical Analyst I and II;
Operations (including security, performance, problem resolution,
- Integrates complex systems for inter-operability over multiple
platforms and/or technologies.
- Performs capacity planning for District-wide applications.
- Consults with Information Technology staff and management to
address adequate capacity, performance, and security for all or
most District-wide applications.
- Recommends and implements Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to
define agreement between Information Technology and business units
- Maintains knowledge of components outside of direct
responsibilities and works with other Information Technology units
(application and infrastructure) to design and maintain overall
security of systems and data.
- Designs and implements Disaster Recovery and Business
Continuity plans consistent with Information Technology Management
and Information Technology User community requirements.
- Provides leadership for the coordination and development of
functional and technical documentation for existing, delivered,
and/or new applications across functional domains and/or multiple
- Has broad overlapping application and architectural
- Specializes in several overlapping technical areas.
Organizational Support and Leadership:
- Performs project initiation, planning, execution, and
monitoring and controlling activities for major software upgrades,
complex integration, and system implementation projects involving a
diverse group of stakeholders across a complex business
- Monitors all ongoing projects of technical staff in the
department to ensure consistency with standards and technical
- Leads evaluation of potential software solutions involving
multiple Information Technology personnel, including off-the-shelf
and open source components, and the system architecture to ensure
that they meet business requirements.
- Provides technical leadership to all Analyst I and II in the
- Develops, recommends, and/or justifies relevant Information
Technology procedures and policies.
- Acts as a focal point for requests, problems, and issues
affecting the unit.
- Leads business process re-engineering efforts involving
cross-functional and multi-technical specialty teams for projects
and continuous improvement efforts.
- Collaborates with stakeholders across the enterprise to define
business needs and guide them through governance processes.
- Builds and cultivates relationships with stakeholders at all
levels of the enterprise.
- Manages the project portfolio and analyze the capacity of the
Information Technology organization to deliver against business
needs in a timely manner.
- Analyzes and justifies changes and improvements in
applications, architecture, and configuration.
- Leads planning and cost analysis within assigned areas.
- Plans, designs, and implements enterprise architecture for
broad overlapping areas of technology.
- Participates in the development of and advises management on
information technology strategy.
Performs related duties as required.
8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday
Total Hrs per Week/Day
40 hours per week
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE :
A Bachelor’s degree in computer
sciences, management information systems, engineering, or closely
related field and six years’ experience directly related to the job
duties; OR a Bachelor’s degree and two years in class of
Information Technology Analyst II; OR a Bachelor’s degree and eight
years’ experience directly related to the job duties.
Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and
understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural,
disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic
backgrounds of community college students, including those with
physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in
learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive
educational and employment environment.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12
months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable
part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent
for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education
Requirement: 15 units are equal to six months of education; 30
units are equal to one year of education.)
Education must be from an accredited institution.
- A completed Los Rios Community College District Classified
- Resume (required).
- Unofficial transcripts of college/university work
- Letter of Interest (required).
- Applications submitted without all required documents, listed
above, will be disqualified
- Applicants indicating “see resume” on the application will not
have that referenced experience considered for minimum
qualifications, which may lead to the application being
- Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be
accepted as official transcripts.
- Applicants, including current Los Rios Community College
District employees, are required to provide unofficial transcripts,
if required to meet the minimum qualifications for the
- Applicants are required to submit official transcripts within
60 days of the time of hire.
- Individuals who have completed college or university course
work at an institution in a country other than the United States
must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees
and other relevant documents.
- A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign
course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary
placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a
college or university in the United States.
- Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE
(Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or
NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services)
agencies or evaluators. For additional information on foreign
click here .
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
$8,974.96 per month LRCCD
Additional Salary Information
No additional salary information to note
Beginning and/or Ending Dates
How and where to apply
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions
information on how to apply online with our District. Application
services are available between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday
through Friday. If you need assistance with any phase of the
application process, please call (916) 568-3112 during our business
After hours inquiries should be emailed to email@example.com.
Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m., of the posting
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance
from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and
proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States
prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional
qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur
during this recruitment/selection process. When education is a
requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from
the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days
Effective October 1, 2021, all faculty and staff must have received
the first dose of the vaccine against the virus that causes COVID
-19 and effective December 1, 2021, all faculty and staff must be
fully vaccinated in order to:
- be physically present on District premises for an extended
amount of time, generally more than 15 minutes
- or participate in District activities for an
extended amount of time, generally more than 15 minutes
- or be inside a building or office
unless they receive an approved medical exemption or religious
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * I acknowledge and agree that I understand that by answering
the question below, I certify that the information provided by me
is true, correct and complete to the best of my knowledge and
belief. I authorize investigation of all statements contained
herein, and on the P-881 (if applicable and submitted), and I
release from liability all persons and organizations furnishing
such information. I understand that any misstatements, omissions or
misrepresentation of facts on this form, my application, and, if
applicable, the P-881 or attachment(s) may be cause for
disqualification or dismissal. If you have ever been convicted of
an offense other than a minor traffic violation you are required to
complete the form 'Arrests Which Led to Convictions for Crime',
P-881 (you must disclose convictions that have been dismissed
pursuant to Penal Code Section 1203.4; Ed. Code 87008). If needed
click on the link and download the form
https://losrios.edu/lrccd/shared/doc/hr/forms/p-881.pdf and attach
the completed form to your application.
- Yes, I acknowledge and agree
- No, I do not acknowledge or agree
- No answer
- * Can you perform the essential functions of this position?
- * Considering this specific position that you are applying to –
where/how did you learn about this position?
- College Department
- Chronicle of Higher Ed (Vitea.com)
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Oakland
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Los Angeles
- Community College Registry Online Job Board
- Community Outreach (ex. Festivals, etc.)
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- D'Primeramano Magazine
- Facebook (Campaign)
- Facebook (Los Rios Page)
- Greater Sacramento Urban League
- Handshake (CSU, UC Job Boards)
- Job Sites
- Job Journal
- Latina Leadership Network of the California Community
- Los Rios Community College District Employee
- Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Email
- Los Rios Community College District Website
- LRCCD Resource Group - API (Asian Pacific Islander Legacy)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Black Faculty & Staff Association
- LRCCD Resource Group Native American Collaborative (NAC)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Spectrum (LGBTQIA+)
- Professional Networks
- Sacramento Black Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Builders Exchange
- Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce
- The HUB
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Unofficial Transcript 4
- Unofficial Transcript 5
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation
- P-881 Report of Arrests Which Led To Convictions For Crime