The Department of Medicine at Baylor College of Medicine is seeking
a competent and reliable Director to lead the strategic direction
for business operations within the Section of General Internal
Medicine. This role directs multiple teams in geographically
diverse locations around the Texas Medical Center. This individual
is responsible for the clinical, educational, research, regulatory
and financial well-being of the section through the direction of
existing and recruitment of additional faculty, staff, and
learners. The incumbent Director is critical to the current and
long-term business success of the Section.
- Directs the daily operation of a department or unit including,
but not limited to, areas of human resources, compliance and
- Manages multiple teams led by managers and supervisors, to
include defining work responsibilities and prioritization, setting
performance development plans and goals, and conducting annual
- Oversees financial management and accountability of multiple
functions, to include budget administration, performing cost
assessments, monitoring financial transactions, and financial
reporting. Makes strategic decisions based on the financial
- Develops staffing plans and productivity guidelines according
to budget availability and department/unit needs.
- Develops and implement successful strategies for revenue growth
and expense control.
- Negotiates and implement the human resources activities for the
unit/department, including hiring, terminations, salary, and
- Creates strategic partnerships to develop synergy between
technology and business practices.
- Formulates policies and guidelines for unit/department
- Leads the creation, identification, and analysis of metrics to
improve business performance and drive business actions.
- May oversee or originate pre-award and/or post-award related
projects and tasks in support of department faculty members.
- Directs special projects or programs.
- Master's degree.
- Seven years of relevant experience.
- A minimum of ten years of progressive leadership experience in
a highly decentralized organization.
- Proven record of accomplishments in creating well defined
procedures and best practices to include compliance with federal,
state, and local regulations.
- Well versed in creating a consistent package for reporting and
- Knowledge of SAP, EPIC, & SuccessFactors Executive
presence, judgement, and positive personal track record in leading
in a dynamic organization.
- Dynamic and polished communication style and capability across
all executive and management levels, displaying executive presence,
savvy and collegiality.
- The highest of personal integrity, honesty, business ethics and
respect in dealing with people and organizations.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action/Equal Access Employer.
CA; CH; Science