The University of Maryland School of Nursing
Nurse Anesthesia Program
is currenlty recruiting for a
full-time Clinical Instructor/Nursing Assistant Professor
participate in the clinical and didactic education of Nurse
Anesthesia students for the department of Organizational Systems
and Adult Health.
UMSON enrolls more than 2,000 students in its baccalaureate,
master's, and doctoral programs and is ranked 11th among all
schools of nursing in the nation, whereas the Nurse Anesthesia
Program is currently ranked 10th in the nation. UMSON is part of
the University of Maryland graduate professional campus that also
includes the schools of medicine, dentistry, social work, pharmacy,
and law and is one of the fastest growing biomedical research
centers in the nation. The unique composition of the campus enables
health professionals to address clinical care, public policy, and
social issues through multidisciplinary research, scholarship, and
community action. Its location in the Baltimore-Washington,
D.C.-Annapolis triangle maximizes opportunities for collaboration
with government agencies, health care institutions, and life
In the Fall of 2021, UMB will require all faculty, staff, and
students to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions for medical
or religious reasons will be processed through Human
- Teaching in the simulation laboratory and participation in
didactic and clinical instruction of Doctor of Nursing Practice
Nurse Anesthesia students.
- Work collaboratively with clinical and didactic faculty across
- Develop, teach, organize, and evaluate courses and precepted
- Select, advise, and mentor students.
- Participate in a program of scholarship.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master of Science degree in Nursing or a related field
- Doctoral degree in Nursing or a related field preferred.
- CRNA Certification.
- Current Registered Nurse license to practice in the state of
Maryland or a compact state.
- Record of effective teaching, precepting and/or significant
clinical experience in appropriate care settings.